Prop: APC 13 x 6.5
Battery: TP 2100 4S1P
Rudder and Elevator Servos: Hitec HS-82MG
Aileron Servos Hitec HS-65HB
Receiver: Spektrum AR6200
AUW: 48 1/4 Oz.

With Xcite 2200 4S1P:
AUW: 50 Oz.

The Xcite battery offers more power, especially deeper into the flight.
Last edited by MCART; Dec 13, 2008 at 06:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2008, 06:48 AM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
OK.. I am commited to one of these now.. I will try to get it MON.,. I had to do some switching and swapping to make it happen but..

I just hope it was worth it.. Report back after a few flights..
Dec 18, 2008, 10:51 PM
I received my landing gear in the mail today. So I am 100% complete on my build now. Itís been snowing here; yes Tacoma Washington got dumped on by the snow. Anyway, hopefully this weekend I get some time to take this up and see how it flyís.
Dec 19, 2008, 05:13 AM
I buy, I fly, I buy....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50mph
I received my landing gear in the mail today. So I am 100% complete on my build now. Itís been snowing here; yes Tacoma Washington got dumped on by the snow. Anyway, hopefully this weekend I get some time to take this up and see how it flyís.

What jet is that above your PC desk? Is that the BAE Hawk from E-flite? If so how does it do and what's your elevation?
Dec 19, 2008, 10:20 AM
AA6JB
Thread OP
That little jet is the Kyosho Illusion EDF.
Dec 19, 2008, 01:56 PM
Correct itís a Kyosho Illision and the Vision, you can only see the nose tip just below the GP Fokker D.VIII. I only built the Vision becasue of the Swing Wings.
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...t=MOV00353.flv

My next build is the E-Flite BAe Hawk 15 DF ARF. Its on layaway as my X-Mas Present to myself.

Elevation, I would have to google for Tacoma Washington. But its close to 400 feet above sea level or something like that. These little Jets really move
Last edited by 50mph; Dec 19, 2008 at 02:23 PM.
Dec 19, 2008, 02:04 PM
Today the snow has stopped and I am hoping for an afternoon 1st flight on the 540T. Well after I spend time on the ground running around to make sure everything is checked out. I will spend half a battery or so taxing around, making sure everything is good to go and hopefully get rid of the 1st flight jitters

Nothing like snow on the ground to make a good soft landing. Or cause it to flip
Dec 19, 2008, 04:11 PM
I'm so mad. My hobbycity order, (motor,esc,servos,batts) has gone missing. made it to Jamaica NY, then ......nothing. my last order from them took 8 days to my door. this one has been 18. I was sure I would be in the air this weekend, but now I just sit and wait....

Waaaaaaaaa
Dec 19, 2008, 09:24 PM
I buy, I fly, I buy....
Bummer. Mine arrived yesterday but I wasn't home to sign for it. Gotta go pick it up tomorrow. Just batteries though.
Dec 19, 2008, 09:26 PM
cgpro856 I feel your pain and went through the waiting while my landing gear was being shipped.

There is a brighter side to all the waiting. This Plane is amazing; once you fly it you will understand. Nothing can explain the smoothness and very easy to control flight. I almost had the tail touching the ground, but I got scared and sent it straight up and just flew around until my hands quit shaking.
Dec 20, 2008, 07:16 AM
Watts happening?
For Christmas, I'm asking Santa for 50mph's bedroom. (With all the wall decorations of course.)
Dec 20, 2008, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50mph
but I got scared and sent it straight up and just flew around until my hands quit shaking.
thats how I fly my T-Rex. A couple loops and rolls then hover and wait for the hands to stop shaking. Fun Fun Fun.
Dec 20, 2008, 10:22 PM
I buy, I fly, I buy....
I finally finished my build, except for the Rx placement. Can someone post pics of thiers? I'm using the AR7000 and can find no good place to stick it. I'm a bit limited by the length of the ESC lead (using the Silver Series 35a with CC BEC out of necessity) so my RX ends up just aft of the battery tray once everything's plugged in.

I know I shouldn't use the 35a esc but I have no choice and this thing's gotta maiden tomorow or it will just explode.

Where is everyone putting thier RX?
Dec 20, 2008, 10:37 PM
AA6JB
Thread OP
Here is where I put my Futaba seven channel 2.4 Ghz recvr.
Dec 21, 2008, 08:19 PM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
Well.. Flew this today.. MAN!! It's AWESOME!! It was windy as crap and still flew GREAT!! LIGHT Floaty!! and MAN. It will hover.. I pulled a 3 turn torque roll.. WOW~~ I am impressed.. I can't wait till the wind dies..

Quick Reply