Oct 28, 2008, 11:27 PM
Nice room Stevo, I have put the 330 away till spring aswell but I need to get a better landing gear for it, its bent back to far. I have a great planes Areo Master 61" to clean up this winter. Have to build some skis for the twist and a skid for the spads.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2008, 11:40 AM
RMS
RMS
Stevo,

I have been waiting patiently for you to give me your airplane....what's taking so long? Pack it up and send it to Massachusetts while there are a few good weeks of flying left. When I am done with it, I will send it back. Geesh, what's the problem already?

RMS
Oct 29, 2008, 01:32 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMS
Stevo,

I have been waiting patiently for you to give me your airplane....what's taking so long? Pack it up and send it to Massachusetts while there are a few good weeks of flying left.
RMS
Im still trying to figure out what this flying season thing is . I guess I'll never know considering where I live .
Oct 29, 2008, 01:40 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo Revo
And you now have me curious to weigh mine..... although I have to dig it out now.......... its in winter storage. It's still accessible from the other side.
Hey Stevo , Nice hanger set-up . I need to do that in my extra room to clean
up the clutter and make room for building . Thanks for the idea .
Oct 29, 2008, 02:21 PM
RMS
RMS
There are few comfortable flying days in New England. Either too cold or too hot and humid. When the temperature and humidity is right, chances are the wind is over 20mph or the honey do list requires attention. The trick is to fly electric as soon as the sun comes up and switch to fuel at 9:00am. After 10:30am the wind picks up at our field.

I need to find a place that is between 50 and 70 degrees all year. Then I will be happy.
Oct 29, 2008, 07:49 PM
over user
Thread OP
Thanks for all the compliments guys!!!!

Flying weather...... I could only wish for a 10 month season.......9 seems to be about it..... april thru november......sux.....
Oct 29, 2008, 07:50 PM
over user
Thread OP
Btw Mike that's a nice lookin edge!
Nov 24, 2008, 10:31 AM
Mines just about done. I'm waiting on bearings for the used Saito 100 I bought. Soon as I get those in, I can button up the cowl and check the cg. Then it hangs from the ceiling till spring.
Dec 12, 2008, 03:34 PM
Mines been done awhile now. AUW is 6# 15 ozs. Thats with a flexible exhaust extension and an aluminum spinner nut. If I lost those two, I'd be closer to 6.75 lbs. Can't wait till spring!
Dec 12, 2008, 08:38 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeGager
Mines been done awhile now. AUW is 6# 15 ozs. Thats with a flexible exhaust extension and an aluminum spinner nut. If I lost those two, I'd be closer to 6.75 lbs. Can't wait till spring!
Thats a bummer to half to wait till spring . I won't tell you what a great time I had flyin today . Course the fog didn't lift till after-noon .
Dec 13, 2008, 07:51 AM
Yeah,yeah, I know. Our winter has set in hard very early this year. On the bright side, I am going to Phoenix in january and Florida in February. Hopefully I'll get to fly some then.
Another bright side to this winter is that I'm making good progress on my Hog Bipe kit!
Dec 13, 2008, 09:40 AM
over user
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeGager
As long as you're not flying with this lovely winter we've been having so far (I'm across the lake from you) ...............Post some pics of your beautiful bird! I've not seen a four stroke in one yet.
Jan 31, 2009, 10:57 AM
Boring holes in sky & runway

Going light..... SAITO 91 ANYONE?

I have a bead on a 330S NIB for $100. I am missing my old GP Extra 330s .40 size with an OS 46AX which bought the farm with a spectacular cartwheel on a panic downwind turn for approach on deadstick.
I have a Saito 91 that could barely hold a 10 pound homebuilt plane in hover with an APC 16x 4W. So when I see you guys getting them down to 7.5 lb and even lower with Saito 100s I gets to thinkin'...... my Saito 91 could probably pull out of hover with a7- 8 lb plane.
I have been having a lot of fun with foamies in the off season at the dome, mostly hover and harrier. So does anyone have an opinion on running the Saito 91? It has an excellent power to weight ratio. I plan to do 3d, hover and KE for starters. Hope to graduate to 4pt harrier rolls this year so it must be light and have good side area. I saw a bloke at our field doing beautiful KE with a 100 four stroke, and thought I could slow that down with a 91.
Last edited by Waterbug; Jan 31, 2009 at 11:44 AM. Reason: CRS
Jan 31, 2009, 11:48 AM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
Might work but you will possibly have no , " ohh Sh$t " , power . I wouldn't even think about a Saito100 now that they have the 115 for a few dollars more . If you try it let us know how it works out with the .91 . For $100 buck you might as well give 'r a try .
Jan 31, 2009, 12:58 PM
Boring holes in sky & runway
Ya, right, like I ever screw up....

I have been doing a lot with foamies this winter to get the timing and comps of rolling circles etc, and we are in the off season, so I like to dream that I can work high enough to glide out.....

Odds are you will have to remind me I said that....but I hope not!

I'll stay subscribed and keep you posted, Mike.
I think its great that you can benefit from others experiences on a plane like this- build weight, wingloading- before you dig in.

Quick Reply