I will write in my choice 0 0%
Undecided 5 16.67%
I probably will not vote 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Jul 27, 2008, 10:44 AM
Molon labe
Poll

Election for AMA Executive Vice President

Unofficial at this time, but Horrace Cain will be on the ballot for AMA Executive Vice President in the upcoming AMA election. He will be running against Mark Smith DVP D9.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2008, 11:53 AM

I'm a bit confused...

As to the recent AMA By-Law changes, of which I haven't heard the results of the Leader Member's vote, I know Horrace Cain wasn't too happy with the new AMA Executive Vice President's position and had said:

"Making the AMA Chief Financial Officer an appointed position, -- "To the victor goes the spoils" -- and the elected EVP just a lackey for the EC and the staff, simply removes one more obstacle in the overall long range plan to make AMA someone's private operation for media publications and insurance business agent."

Think I'll hold off on your Poll Vote for awile Red.
Last edited by David A Ramsey; Jul 27, 2008 at 01:13 PM. Reason: sp
Jul 27, 2008, 12:56 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Wow, wouldn't that be like mixing oil and water?

Not sure why a person that despises an organization so much would actually want to part of it. How would anything ever get accomplished if they hate one another?

Frank
Jul 27, 2008, 01:45 PM
The solution to that problem is simple.-------and obvious.

BM
Jul 27, 2008, 07:13 PM
AVP, District IV
Now we know why the push for "NO'' votes.
Jul 27, 2008, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by murocflyer
Not sure why a person that despises an organization so much would actually want to part of it. How would anything ever get accomplished if they hate one another?
In order to defeat thy enemy one must become thy enemy.
Jul 27, 2008, 07:34 PM
AVP, District IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Ramsey
As to the recent AMA By-Law changes, of which I haven't heard the results of the Leader Member's vote, I know Horrace Cain wasn't too happy with the new AMA Executive Vice President's position and had said:

"Making the AMA Chief Financial Officer an appointed position, -- "To the victor goes the spoils" -- and the elected EVP just a lackey for the EC and the staff, simply removes one more obstacle in the overall long range plan to make AMA someone's private operation for media publications and insurance business agent."

Think I'll hold off on your Poll Vote for awile Red.
Now you know why the push for "NO" votes
Jul 27, 2008, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster
In order to defeat thy enemy one must become thy enemy.
You got me laughing over that one. Good one.

Frank
Jul 27, 2008, 09:02 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Horrace dug his own hole...

He opposed the creation of the position. That should disqualify him from consideration for the position.

If he didn't want the position to exist then he can't be counted on to do a good job. I would expect him to sabatoge the position instead.
Jul 28, 2008, 02:33 PM
NON PayPal Member

Horrace

Quote:

Frank
Change could be a motive!

Hoss you got my Vote! Bill
Jul 28, 2008, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill95823
Change could be a motive!

Hoss you got my Vote! Bill
I agree to that, but if two people, or a group of people don't like each other, how would they ever accomplish anything worthwhile.

Frank
Jul 28, 2008, 10:00 PM
AVP, District IV
Just like 535 people in DC
Jul 28, 2008, 10:01 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA716
Just like 535 people in DC
The only thing they have accomplished in the last 30 years is to exempt themselves from having to obey laws and lining thier and thier friend's pockets.

Someone doesn't like my posting the truth about how congress has been misrepresenting us (mostly since the election of Ted Kennedy, who among others should be in prison, not in office.)

If this one is worthy of a warning... so is the post I quoted...
Last edited by fhhuber506771; Jul 29, 2008 at 02:46 PM.
Jul 29, 2008, 08:26 AM
I have been well rebuked.
Last edited by David A Ramsey; Jul 29, 2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: As requested
Jul 29, 2008, 11:55 PM

Your statements are untrue.

Quote:

Frank
Mr. Frank, your libel of myself is, in my opinion, grossly unjustified.

Now as for the EVP position, I have not been offered the information that Red has apparently been privy to. Therefore the factual verification of said information is yet to be determined.

Simply my Dear Watson: If there are only 2 persons on the coming EVP ballot, then the recent Bylaws Vote must have passed. That means the current EVP will be appointed to the position of Chief Financial Officer with no responsibility other than to himself. That is -- IMO -- a sad day for the AMA.

Now as to your libel: I certainly have no hate for the organization -- AMA. OTOH, I certainly have a strong dislike of the methods that the AMA is currently being, and for some 20 years has been, administrated.

My support for the AMA is well documented for some 45 years as a Leader and CD, Club Officer, RC Contest Coordinator, District VP, Hobby Shop owner, Flying Site builder, and other various jobs including 41 years of professional aviation, military and civil. In all my modeling activities the promotion of model aviation for the modeler has always been first priority.
Of course there are those with the "all for me" mentality that cannot understand the true axiom of, "MISSION FIRST" and that which is NOT a specific handout to their own person is never justified in their meager minds.

If I am elected to the EVP position, you, as a modeler, will always have access to information that has so far been difficult to find. My work will never be Kept secret.

Horrace Cain
AMA L-93
AMA Leader and CD 45 years

NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder.