Jul 25, 2008, 09:39 AM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
Thread OP
Discussion

Falcon Z!

This 10.5 inch wide Millenium Falcon based plane began its life as a look alike of SGTalon's Millenium Falcon design. Unfortunately the cockpit made it always turn right, and it was incredibly unstable. I really wanted it to look authentic, but realized that function is more important than form. So I chopped off the cockpit and added a vertical stabilizer. Now it flies quite well, and still looks great in the air! Being that it is no longer a Millenium Falcon, I had to change the name, so I decided to call it the Falcon Z. It also has very unique carbon reinforcments(see fourth picture). When it flies, it is relatively slow, and can easily fly at a VERY high AOA. This makes it really fun, as you can bring it towards the ground with the nose pointed high, tap the tail, and hit the throttle to get in the air again! It's a little tricky, but I've done this a few times already.
Last edited by all4smallrc; Jul 25, 2008 at 09:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2008, 10:29 AM
RC Addict
Cool! What gear are you using in that? What's the AUW?
Jul 25, 2008, 11:13 AM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Awesome!!!

I was worried about the Cockpit too. GPW told me i was crazy for keeping it in

This is one of my designs that i don't mind someone making before me since i wasn't going to build it anyhow. Looks great All4. How about a video?

I am thinking of making a thread that has all of my designs and videos in one spot. Now that people are starting to build my planes it is very cool to see that others are enjoying building them as much as I enjoy designing them!
Jul 25, 2008, 02:00 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the comments guys! I'm using a 10 gram motor, a tb9 esc, a Plantraco servo rx, blue arrow 2.5gram servos, a fr 250mah 2cell battery, and a 4x3 prop. AUW is 60grams. BTW, I really like your designs SGTalon. I might try a few others sometime. Of course, as I always do, I'd be making then much smaller though. I'm crazy about small things. And not just planes, but cars, kites, pens, the list goes on and on.
Jul 25, 2008, 04:02 PM
Thats Bad A$$
Jul 25, 2008, 05:31 PM
Flying high
Could a small counterweight on the left side allowed you to keep the cockpit?
Jul 25, 2008, 08:48 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Check out my update All4. i just made a change to the design that may allow for at least a profile cockpit to make it look like a Millenium Falcon.
Jul 26, 2008, 10:09 PM
Thread OP
I actually had tried a profile cockpit before totally giving up. I also offset the weight. It didn't work for me, but maybe it would on a larger one.

Quick Reply