Nov 05, 2019, 08:07 PM
So glad my drawings were helpful, but I am a minor player in this, Lee started this thread and gives credit to many in the first few posts.
I think your plan of 80% is a fine idea, but if you use the same motor, use a very shallow prop so you don't go so fast it flutters!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2019, 12:54 PM
Out the Window
A quick photo of the replacement for my Capricorn. It is in the "GHOST VERSION" 😎 of the build. I hope it flys as well as the one it is replacing.

Capricorn v 2.0
Nov 16, 2019, 06:40 PM
You know what they say; "if it looks good it will fly", and according to my eyes, you nailed it!
Nov 17, 2019, 01:51 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
This was an original seaplane design variation. Original planes were bigger too. It is good to see that the design still has some interest.
Nov 17, 2019, 06:33 PM
Lee, your plane is a classic, it will live forever!
Nov 17, 2019, 09:15 PM
I need to build another
Dec 09, 2019, 07:22 PM
Out the Window
I got to maiden my new Capricorn build yesterday. I think it flys better than the old one. Now it has some color tape decorations and I even installed lights for some night flying!
Dec 09, 2019, 08:02 PM
Very Nice!

You know that if it looks good, it flys good. So it should be no surprise that it flys better!
Dec 09, 2019, 10:18 PM
Out the Window
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacon
very nice!

You know that if it looks good, it flys good. So it should be no surprise that it flys better!
thanks...
Dec 10, 2019, 09:33 AM
You earned it.

You might post an explanation to others on how to hook up LEDs, many enthusiasts may not be familiar with how little power they use when properly wired.
Dec 10, 2019, 03:53 PM
Out the Window
Here is a video of my second build of the Capricorn. My first flight of the build...kind of windy but fun!

Flight of my second Capricorn (4 min 2 sec)
Dec 10, 2019, 04:45 PM
Very nice, thanks for sharing. I love the Capricorn, built two of them.

Quick Reply