This thread is privately moderated by 356Jim, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 24, 2008, 07:07 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Update for July 23

I am in the throws of a some major construction work on our 40-year old house, so I have pretty much curtailed my building and flying for a while.

As a sidenote, the new windows for the house arrived yesterday. My son, who live in Temecula came out to help me install them. After they were unloaded from the truck, I began the task of inspecting them for dimensions. Well, the dimensions were perfect - just what I ordered. The big problem was that they shipped new construction window frames, as opposed to the retrofit windows that I ordered!! This is a huge difference if your house has stucco siding, as most houses on the West Coast have. With new construction windows, you have to demo the stucco back to the basic house framing, remove the old frames and install the new windows. Then you need to repair/patch all the stucco that was removed. With the Retro windows, you just remove the existing glass panels and install the new window and screw it in place. Add interior trim strips, exterior caulking and you're done!!

After contacting the firm I ordered from, they finally acknowledged the error and will get back to me on a new ship date. Meanwhile, the patio door I oredered was correct, so I am preparing to install it.

Dang, I'd rather be flying!!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply