Micro Blade mCX from Eflite - Page 162 - RC Groups
Dec 27, 2008, 12:15 PM

Summary of Mods Known till now

1) Tin down the battery connectors (on the heli side)

2) Turn down (CCW) potentiometer on charger (need to open charger case)

3) ...

4) ...
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2008, 12:18 PM
RR,Not VCR,or VHS!
3... cut 1/8 inch off the tail boom!
Dec 27, 2008, 12:21 PM
RR,Not VCR,or VHS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco
Yep thats what I do cant be buying batterys all the time, I only got about 5 charges out of the cells that came with the helicopter, so got rechargable in the charger and hand set no problems now
Yup! the included battery's are pretty much junkers. Just use them for the first few charges,then pitch 'em!
Dec 27, 2008, 02:26 PM
John 3:16
I pitched them today.
Daddy-O
Dec 27, 2008, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket-ron
3... cut 1/8 inch off the tail boom!
I guess we are supposed to remove the tail, cut the boom and replace the tail like it was? What does this do?
Daddy-O
Dec 27, 2008, 04:45 PM
RR,Not VCR,or VHS!
1 it gets the fins leading edge into the down wash of the main rotor(The heli will hold/track straighter in FF). 2 it removes a little weight from the rear of the heli (they balance slightly tail heavy) this will help the handling,remember 1/8 inch,no more or you will have the rear fin under the rotor wash. Ron
Dec 27, 2008, 05:13 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
deleted by poster :::error:::
Dec 27, 2008, 06:08 PM
Wow! I cut the 1/8... to me it made a huge difference. It seems to turn tighter!?
Dec 27, 2008, 06:17 PM
RR,Not VCR,or VHS!
It helps the C/G of the heli,and dose indeed turn better. Some guy's were adding weight to the bottom/front of the canope. This is a better solution,because you aren't adding weight (a big plus) and the handling will improve alot. It's amazing how this "little,and easy mod" will help the heli fly better! Ron
Dec 27, 2008, 06:37 PM
TREE TOP PILOT

Thanks steve

I have said before on this forum, I had the same problems with my Mcx, it was the plug, the wires are only crimped in, and were lose on the pins, I soldered the wires onto the pins and every battery pack flew for 6 mins with more power and no glitching.[/QUOTE]

THANKS! Steve Bisco worked on my mcx too
Dec 27, 2008, 09:01 PM
I just finished timing a flight in my living room. I got 12 minutes on one pack. Is that normal? Crash made me curious after stating that he is getting 6 minutes per pack. I thought i was flying longer than that, so I thought I'd time it. I flew two packs, but didn't time the first pack. These are brand new packs flown on a brand new mcx.
Daddy-O
Dec 27, 2008, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy-O
I just finished timing a flight in my living room. I got 12 minutes on one pack. Is that normal? Crash made me curious after stating that he is getting 6 minutes per pack. I thought i was flying longer than that, so I thought I'd time it. I flew two packs, but didn't time the first pack. These are brand new packs flown on a brand new mcx.
Daddy-O

Wow my daughter has a brand new mcx and she only gets 7 minutes. Only have the one battery,gonna get a couple more and I will see if she gets the same flight time.
Dec 27, 2008, 11:41 PM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by chribrian
Wow my daughter has a brand new mcx and she only gets 7 minutes. Only have the one battery,gonna get a couple more and I will see if she gets the same flight time.
And again, I'm gonna say this - if you even know what the maximum flight time is, you are flying it too long. Maybe do it once and find out, then time your flights or something. Don't fly the batteries all the way down. My mCX has maybe 100 flights on the ONE battery, and it's fine. Still goes for 5-6 minutes - then I kill it, wait 15 minutes at least, then charge the battery. It will last a good long time if you do that, and you will never see the 3-4 minute 'tanked battery' problem that others are having.
Dec 28, 2008, 05:26 AM
TREE TOP PILOT

cool timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
And again, I'm gonna say this - if you even know what the maximum flight time is, you are flying it too long. Maybe do it once and find out, then time your flights or something. Don't fly the batteries all the way down. My mCX has maybe 100 flights on the ONE battery, and it's fine. Still goes for 5-6 minutes - then I kill it, wait 15 minutes at least, then charge the battery. It will last a good long time if you do that, and you will never see the 3-4 minute 'tanked battery' problem that others are having.
Yes 5 min is good.There is a timer for your pc that works great .It called the cool timer just google and down load it to your pc works great!.I set it for 5 min and when i hear that times up i land.Try it let me know how you like it.
Dec 28, 2008, 05:40 AM
I know even in the instructions it says do not run the battery right down till the low voltage kicks in but surely this is set to save the battery, I have flown mine now and again till the light flashes and cuts the power without any problems to the battery, I think the main thing is to slowly charge the cells and leave them a while before next charge. I did have the top rotor sieze up on me over the holiday, there are 2 small bronze bearings one at the top of the main mast and one at the bottom, managed to get the thin wire top rotor shaft out clean it and re-oil it, now flys better and longer than ever, so some of you guys having short flight times can check this out as well as the soldering of the plug fix