Micro Blade mCX from Eflite - RC Groups
Jul 23, 2008, 07:46 PM
Pro Hoarder
Discussion

Micro Blade mCX from Eflite

Any body seen what E flite has comming? I just found out today this is comming (I will post a date when I get it) they even have glow in the dark add on parts for night flying!
Scott
http://www.airlandhobbies.com/catalo...5178673612.htm
Last edited by turbonut; Oct 23, 2008 at 06:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2008, 09:11 PM
Rocket Programmer
Hey that actually looks pretty cool

Be sure to post when you have a date - I figure, probably in time to be back-ordered before Christmas
Jul 23, 2008, 11:03 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
My LHS always has Vapor and Ember planes floating around it as employees demo them. I can see this thing joining them.

Looks really cool!
Jul 24, 2008, 12:36 AM
Too bad it is a coaxial bird but I guess it has to be at that size and weight. I'll stick to my PicooZ for now.
Jul 24, 2008, 12:53 AM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Shoe
Too bad it is a coaxial bird but I guess it has to be at that size and weight. I'll stick to my PicooZ for now.
Well apparently it's a 4-channel bird, like a mini-CX2... that's a major step up from the Pico-z... It would have rudder and cyclic control, meaning forward/backward, left/right, and yaw as well as throttle control. That's going to be a lot more fun to fly than the Pico-Z style helicopters, and the DSM2 radio system means I could use it with my DX7 radio!

Way cool... this means I could tweak it like the CX2 to fly the way I want, with a bit of exponential, and rudder->throttle mixing to keep it level in spins... very nice!
Jul 24, 2008, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
Well apparently it's a 4-channel bird, like a mini-CX2... that's a major step up from the Pico-z... It would have rudder and cyclic control, meaning forward/backward, left/right, and yaw as well as throttle control. That's going to be a lot more fun to fly than the Pico-Z style helicopters, and the DSM2 radio system means I could use it with my DX7 radio!

Way cool... this means I could tweak it like the CX2 to fly the way I want, with a bit of exponential, and rudder->throttle mixing to keep it level in spins... very nice!
No doubt. I agree with you. I just don't like coax birds. They look too wierd to me. I did not buy a CX2 for that reason. I would like a single rotor bird in that tiny size.

My gosh! You joined a year ago and you have over 3700 posts? Yikes! When do you sleep?
Jul 24, 2008, 12:58 AM
looks cool but wish it wasn't a co-ax.
-johnw
Jul 24, 2008, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
looks cool but wish it wasn't a co-ax.
-johnw
Here here! Someone agrees with me!
Jul 24, 2008, 01:06 AM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Shoe
No doubt. I agree with you. I just don't like coax birds. They look too wierd to me. I did not buy a CX2 for that reason. I would like a single rotor bird in that tiny size.

My gosh! You joined a year ago and you have over 3700 posts? Yikes! When do you sleep?
Single main rotor designs in this size usually have poorly performing tail motors. The Havoc/Picco-Z is a rare exception. I can't say I really like the look of the co-ax helicopters either, but I don't buy things based on looks. I learned a long time ago that how an aircraft looks has almost nothing to do with how it flies, and if a bird flies like crap, it's not going to look good for very long

I type really fast... but you make a good point
Jul 24, 2008, 01:06 AM
But i will see if i can carry them!
-johnw
Jul 24, 2008, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Single main rotor designs in this size usually have poorly performing tail motors. The Havoc/Picco-Z is a rare exception. I can't say I really like the look of the co-ax helicopters either, but I don't buy things based on looks. I learned a long time ago that how an aircraft looks has almost nothing to do with how it flies, and if a bird flies like crap, it's not going to look good for very long

I type really fast... but you make a good point
Have you Flown a Walkera 4#3B V2?
they are awesome!
-johnw.
Jul 24, 2008, 01:09 AM
wow there is actually a cute girl here on the forum.
-johnw
Jul 24, 2008, 01:14 AM
Quote:

True true again! But, I have to like the way a bird looks before I will be interested in it. Just look at the Micro Mosquito! U_G_L_Y!

But, to each his/her own! I did not consider the tail motor. Thanks for pointing that out. I believe Gaui now has a 100 size CP bird. I'll look into it.

~Shoe
Jul 24, 2008, 01:15 AM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
Have you Flown a Walkera 4#3B V2?
they are awesome!
-johnw.
No, but I realize they are not all created equally. There's probably a few electric tail helicopters that are pretty good. My CP Pro isn't too bad with the G110 gyro and direct-drive tail... but the stuff it came with never quite worked right. Can't expect too much from a helicopter in that price range, but the CX2 has always been good. I'm not sure why I bother with the CP Pro anymore, since I've graduated to the Trex and Blade 400. I guess it's just nice to have some different helicopters to fly - still fly my Havoc sometimes too
Jul 24, 2008, 01:18 AM
Quote:
No, but I realize they are not all created equally. There's probably a few electric tail helicopters that are pretty good. My CP Pro isn't too bad with the G110 gyro and direct-drive tail... but the stuff it came with never quite worked right. Can't expect too much from a helicopter in that price range, but the CX2 has always been good. I'm not sure why I bother with the CP Pro anymore, since I've graduated to the Trex and Blade 400. I guess it's just nice to have some different helicopters to fly - still fly my Havoc sometimes too
the walkera 4#3B V2 is miles and miles ahead of a havoc 2ch heli. it is a FP Micro 4Ch Heli that flies like a HBK FP!
-johnw

Quick Reply