Jul 24, 2008, 01:18 PM
Wakka Wakka
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ23
Can you post some pics of your project please? Will be interested to see the progress on your Yak. I'm building yak-3 myself.
Ahhh! Now Yak3 those ARE nice....

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2008, 11:10 PM
352nd FGA

Yak-52 plans

http://www.dmitray.narod.ru/yk52_2.htm
Jan 27, 2010, 10:30 AM
duct tape and hot glue
im building a yak 52 and i think its a pretty cool radial engine plane
Jan 28, 2010, 07:11 AM
Caravan driver
Thread OP
in almost two years there has been very very little interest in the plans so I haven't posted them, a real pity I think since I have found the yak to be an excellent subject and the model flies very well, stable, but can perform any aerobatics you can throw at it, and really does look good. I will consider posting a build log and plans if there is any interest
Jan 28, 2010, 11:23 PM
duct tape and hot glue
yeah id love to see it since im building one myself
Nov 28, 2011, 03:10 PM
Hey wingnutzster,
me and my friend is looking for some winter build. And thinking about building balsa Yak 52 with 60 inches wingspam.
Maybe you have found some plans ? Any will help...
Thank you.
Nov 29, 2011, 03:16 AM
Caravan driver
Thread OP
Unfortunately I don't have anything in that size, what I designed would not be suitable at that size without some major redesign. I could design something specifically for you but other than that I would just say gather as much detail and drawings as you can and keep it simple - she is a very simple, solid and well balanced flier - I have referred to these birds as the 'RVs' of Russia.
Jun 12, 2019, 03:59 PM
Hi could you send me the plan please?
Jun 12, 2019, 10:24 PM
flyin' fool
We've got a 1:1 scale at the local airport and a 1.5 meter span model at the local RC field.

Looking at both, I guess 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' applies. Although, I think they're kind of cool when you squint at them from a distance.
Jun 12, 2019, 10:35 PM
flyin' fool
Waaaay back when we first discovered you could build your own brushless motors, a FB built a 30" foamy profile skinny scale of the Yak 52 with a CD drive motor and small round cells.

Actually, it looked and flew great, and he got lots of interest from the local crowd about what the heck it was.

Quick Reply