Jul 23, 2008, 06:42 PM
Caravan driver
Thread OP
Discussion

YAK 52 plans anyone?

I am sad to report that after extensive search and research, I have come to the conclusion that the wonderful Yak 52 - one of the most popular and practical and rugged personal airees around - is a very rarely modelled airplane However I am happy to report that that is about to change - I have been building these diminutive little masterpieces for electric with a very basic construction technique employed and nice stable flying characteristics designed in - although I throw mine around happily and performs any aerobatic manuever you throw at it - just like the full size. The materials used are foam and wood and what makes this nice is the simple scale detailing and beautiful color schemes - I hahve yet to see an ugly Yak 52. What I hope is that eventually squadrons of these little wonders will grace flying sites everywhere - as per the full size. My father flew one for a while and one of the most stable - practical - simple - beautiful and exhillirating aircraft at that price anywhere in the world - anyone interested in plans? I draw all my plans with lots of scale details but assumes atleast some level of build knowledge. included are two color schemes I have used but the scale schemes available are many and stunning. will send pics of the finished models soon - i have modelled the TW white and red 'KGB' and the sky blue on sea grey with yellow trim that is so popular amongs Yak owners - both included in plan(pdf)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2008, 06:48 PM
Caravan driver
Thread OP
I actually can't beleive these aren't the most popularly modeled aircraft in the hobby, this airee is everything you want in a good low wing electric or glow - a cult following(squadrons worl wide), the 'sports aircraft' appeal of some popular models like the Vans range, very simple construction (not very curvaceous), very stable but able to perform as well as any aerobatic ship, rugged and tough - as hell. puzzling indeed. :/
Jul 23, 2008, 07:04 PM
Wakka Wakka
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutzster
I actually can't beleive these aren't the most popularly modeled aircraft in the hobby
Perhaps because apart from anything else the Yak52 is really F-UGLY Aircraft.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
Jul 23, 2008, 07:32 PM
Caravan driver
Thread OP
you shitting me right..? she's no spitfire but UGLY she is not - just ask the thousands of 'swear by em' owners world wide - including David Gilmore of Pink Floyd fame. no my good sir - I'm afraid ugly is stretching it - unless of-course your'e a heli guy, then the total lack of appreciation for aerodynamic aesthetic would be understood.

With respect
Jul 23, 2008, 07:40 PM
Here you go:
http://mkmagazin.almanacwhf.ru/avia/yak_52.htm
I hope this will help.
And here is an article about foamie yak-18 which is close to yak-52.
http://www.rcdesign.ru/articles/avia...ro_aircrafts_5
All is on russian, but the pics are enough to get the idea. I think he use the plans from link above.
Last edited by LZ23; Jul 23, 2008 at 07:47 PM.
Jul 23, 2008, 07:55 PM
Caravan driver
Thread OP
great resource material - too bad I didn't have this when I drew my plans - although I am happy with the level of detail - will attach plans in a few. I hope someone who appreciates the Yak lineage and it's legend will enjoy this build and model. designed for E-Flight Park450 but I am sticking in the Hyperion Z2213 for some grunt on the latest. the retract system in the link you sent is something I would lie to work into my next Yak
Jul 23, 2008, 07:57 PM
Wakka Wakka
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutzster
you shitting me right..? she's no spitfire but UGLY she is not - just ask the thousands of 'swear by em' owners world wide - including David Gilmore of Pink Floyd fame. no my good sir - I'm afraid ugly is stretching it - unless of-course your'e a heli guy, then the total lack of appreciation for aerodynamic aesthetic would be understood.

With respect
Nahhh! With respect, you're just South African, and therefore asthetically challenged. LOL

There is no way that I could describe that thing as attractive. Great flyer it may be, but attractive no. Just my personal asthetic that is not asthetised by that bug ugly thing.

It's like a piece of art I guess some people will love it and hang it on the wall and other people would rather see it buring in the fire grate. I just don't like like em... and no I'm not a heli flyer, I fly an Me163 Komet at the moment.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
Jul 23, 2008, 08:14 PM
Caravan driver
Thread OP
well the Komet's a sleek airee - granted. South African's have many challenges -aesthetics is no longer allowed to be one of them. Says the American ahem.
anyway - mute point, one person's taste is hardly law. It's a well liked aircraft everywhere it appears.
Jul 23, 2008, 08:20 PM
Can you post some pics of your project please? Will be interested to see the progress on your Yak. I'm building yak-3 myself.
Jul 23, 2008, 08:34 PM
Caravan driver
Thread OP

Yak 52 plans

herewith a simplified version of the plan - for a detailed build version or for any info/help on the plans or build pm me. enjoy.
Jul 23, 2008, 08:35 PM
Caravan driver
Thread OP
let me try again
Jul 23, 2008, 08:50 PM
Caravan driver
Thread OP
oops plans too big to attach so pm me
anyone who is interested
Jul 23, 2008, 09:40 PM
How many planes is too many?
I love the look of the Yak 52 and Yak 54. I've been in a Yak 52. What a plane! Here's a link to a few photos I posted about the plane I went in: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&postcount=27
Jul 24, 2008, 02:05 AM
Caravan driver
Thread OP
nice groovejet, I have had some stick time in the '52' myself...what an airee! I knew there was someone out there who appreciates good design.
Jul 24, 2008, 02:13 AM
Caravan driver
Thread OP
and there are many more....yakkesfoundation.blogspot.com/

Quick Reply