Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by SGTalon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 23, 2008, 09:10 AM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Cool

Summer Of Space - Catching On!!!

So i think the Summer of Space is catching on. There are several people building my designs now. Kwinters is building an Enterprise-D and the Bird of Prey 2 to take to Oshkosh this year www.eaa.org

At least one person is building a Tie Interceptor. And Someone went and built my Imperial Star Destroyer before I did!!!!

Of course now i have some catching up to do... Can't let someone else be the only one to build my designs!!! But man does that SD looks awesome.

So my latest project besides flying the Enterprise D is the Babylon 5 Star Fury. I have it all assembled now and i will be putting on the electronics tonight. Probably fly tonight or tomorrow. It just looks great though.

I have to say I am really unhappy with the Pink FanFold though. Turns out that it is much heavier than the Blue Protection Board.

I weighed a sheet of each last night. The Blue was a bit over 4 oz the pink was 6.5 oz!!! that is more than 50% heavier!

It looks like my flying weight for the Fury is going to be around 20 oz.... I am not happy about that. I really wanted to have a 1.5:1 or better thrust ratio and i am going to be just a bit over 1:1 now.

I think i am going to peel the skin off the whole thing and see how it does that way.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2008, 10:06 AM
Idle up!
Being a B-5 Fan.. I gotta say.. thats sweet!
Last edited by PLATINUM; Jul 23, 2008 at 06:55 PM.