Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:33 PM
Find More Posts by ThatRCGuy
Discussion

Any simulators that you can fly with keyboard or 360/Playstation controller?

Hey,

Well, I pretty much said everything in the title,

I've tried RealFlight G4, Reflex XTR, PhoenixRC, and Clearview

Only Clearview seems to allow you to use a controller or a keyboard.

I was wondering, is there a workaround or something for other simulators or do they only work with their own(and RC) controllers? they don't even let you use a keyboard...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2008, 01:33 AM
Find More Posts by Mike66
ASA all the way!
Try HeliSimRC at http://www.marksfiles.net/HeliSimRC/index.htm. It is free and I used it with the keyboard (too much work), a Microsoft Sidewinder contoller (fun but not realistic), and the Esky controllers that came with my HBK2 and HBFP.

I used this for several weeks before I bought PhoenixRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRCGuy
Hey,

Well, I pretty much said everything in the title,

I've tried RealFlight G4, Reflex XTR, PhoenixRC, and Clearview

Only Clearview seems to allow you to use a controller or a keyboard.

I was wondering, is there a workaround or something for other simulators or do they only work with their own(and RC) controllers? they don't even let you use a keyboard...
Old Jul 22, 2008, 01:36 AM
Find More Posts by Slyster
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Just buy a USB Esky controller... it works like the read deal and is like $20 or less.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 07:28 PM
Find More Posts by mgscheue
I'm using Clearview with an Xbox 360 controller, at least until I get my Esky controller. It is handy to be able to use it but the Esky is cheap enough. I can't imagine trying to use a sim with a keyboard.
Last edited by mgscheue; Jul 22, 2008 at 07:38 PM.