This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 20, 2008, 05:02 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

The mighty USB -> parallel adaptor

So there's no USB -> parallel adaptor in Calif*. U need to order it & wait a week. The most likely outcome is reappearance of Amazon 2005 running on lead acid for yaw rate hacking.

Next, cyanoacrylate on the landing gear didn't work. 1 mildly hard landing & it was over. Now we're up to J-B Weld with a 1 day cure time. It's not supposed to work on plastic, but nothing else does either.

No-one ever figured out which adhesive works best on plastic. Definitely a TODO item for the human population, next to learning how to scale D-1 to Goo Tube.

Fortunately, got FLV & WMV working in Cinelerra. Now we can watch our Goo Tube downloads in glorious 48khz 64 bit double precision oversampled compressed limited synthetic hi-fi.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2008, 12:16 PM
Hi Jack Crossfire,

I read your blog regularly with interest, your writing style is very amusing

I would recommend "JB Quik" instead of regular JB Weld. It has an approximately 5 minute curing time, and as far as I've been able to tell is just as strong as the slow stuff. Much more convenient to use.

Good luck,
-Jesse

Quick Reply