New Coroplast Zagi Tray Design - RC Groups
Sep 07, 2001, 06:21 PM
Terry Dunn

Coroplast Zagi Tray-Plans Now Posted

Inspired by William A's design presented here a while back and a busted stock tray in my hands, I got the wheels turning. The result is an easy to make tray that should be tough as nails. If all goes well during flight testing tomorrow, I'll post more details. Here's what I have for now:
http://users2.ev1.net/~nbad/zagi_coro_tray.htm
Terry
Last edited by mopar_man; Sep 13, 2001 at 07:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2001, 09:16 PM
Tacoma, WA, USA
Nice job Terry.

Mine is still holding strong.....although I think yours looks better.
Sep 07, 2001, 09:29 PM
AW
AW
Terry,

On that first pic, is that the bottom of the plane with a zip tie running around it?
Sep 07, 2001, 10:39 PM
Terry Dunn
William A,
Thanks

AW,
The fist pic is the coroplast after being cut but before installation. It is sitting on top of one of the wing cores because thats what I had lying around that would give contrast.

More to come tomorrow...
Terry

[This message has been edited by mopar_man (edited 09-07-2001).]
Sep 08, 2001, 11:40 AM
Terry Dunn
Just returned from flight testing. The zagi flies just as it always did...which is good. I'm satisfied with the tray so I'm gonna make another for my 36" zagi. I didnt try any crash testing, but I have no doubt it is tougher than before. And if it does ever break, I can make them for about 10 cents each.
If anyone wants it, I'll post the plans on my site with some instructions. I probably wont get around to doing that til tomorrow at the earliest though.

[This message has been edited by mopar_man (edited 09-08-2001).]
Sep 08, 2001, 11:57 AM
Fish & Fly
I like it.

Once you post drawings, I will need to build one to replace the one that my son has demolished on his Zagi.
Sep 09, 2001, 12:36 AM
sewing machine thumb
Plans would be great. I'd like to give it a try.
Sep 09, 2001, 02:09 AM
Tacoma, WA, USA
Here's a link to mine again
http://www.geocities.com/william_pics/motor_mount
Sep 11, 2001, 09:11 PM
Terry Dunn
I had hoped to get plans and instructions posted today. Like most of you, Ive been glued to the TV most of the day and not much in to mood to "play" with my RC stuff. Look for it tomorrow or thursday.
Thanks,
Terry
Sep 11, 2001, 10:15 PM
Looking for a place to crash

Zagi canopy

Hey Mr mopar man, I like your design also, but what are you going to do when you canopy break and you need to replace it. I had the same canopy with the 3 cooling holes. Went to replace it last week and the new Zagi canopy's (clear plastic) are different size and shape. Only 1 cooling hole, lower profile and I must say much stronger material.
The lower profile will not except the battery configuration you are using. I needed to cut into the wing area to lower the battery pack to clear the canopy.

Just a FYI

Larry
www.spudgun.com
Sep 12, 2001, 08:42 PM
Terry Dunn
The plans and partial instructions are now ready for download: http://users2.ev1.net/~nbad/zagi_coro_tray.htm
I hope to finish the instructions soon.

larryb-Hmm...I dunno. I'm sure I can come up with something when the time comes. I dont use a canopy half the time anyway.

Terry