Smaller dia spinners for folding props - RC Groups
Jan 31, 2003, 04:08 AM

Smaller dia spinners for folding props

G'day all.

Are there any smaller dia spinners than 30mm, with lugs incorporated for folding blades, available as I want to fit a long g/box into a narrow-nosed 2.8m sailplane design and keep the frontal cross-section as small as possible - preferably obtainable in my part of the world?

The g/box has a 1/4"/ 6.2mm shaft with prop driver similar to a small i.c. motor with beam mounts on the shaft housing and the motor mounted in back with reversed polarity and is 3.8:1.

If you're interested go to - www.alphalink.com.au/~mbuck/Publish/page2.html, where there is a picture of this motor/g/box and a link to a reasonably clear diagram with dimensions, as I believe one look is worth a thousand words - and I'm wordy enough - ROTFL.

TTFN - Regards from Oz - Daffy
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2003, 03:35 PM
flight999
HMV do spinners and hubs from which you should be able to get a fit.
Don't know about you part of this planet, but here in Europe:-

Hoellein
Gordon Tarling
Steve Metam

all should be able to help.
Jan 31, 2003, 03:40 PM
flight999
Sorry. nothing locally.
In Europe try:- HMV
via:- Steve Metham (Electric aeroplane Co.)
Gordon Tarling
Der Himmlische Hoellein
Jan 31, 2003, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the info.

Will get Gordon Tarling's and Steve Metham's ctcs from Q&EFI and take it from there.

Just as a matter of interest did anyone take a look at the site I noted earlier?

Rgds from Oz - Daffy
Jan 31, 2003, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the info.

Will get Gordon Tarling's and Steve Metham's ctcs from Q&EFI and take it from there.

Just as a matter of interest did anyone take a look at the site I noted earlier?

Rgds from Oz - Daffy
Jan 31, 2003, 08:34 PM
I hole jumped him!!!

here's an option

Daffy/Dave (yet another Dave!)
I tried the link, but it didn't work. As far as spinners, try Dave at aircraft world www.aircraft-world.com for a 26mm spinner. I have two of them, and run one on my navajo glider. Check folding props, then spinners and yolks, it's near the end of the list (he's got a lot of them). I think dymond also makes some small folding prop spinners...I've got one. I can get a pic if you want.....
Lance
Feb 05, 2003, 07:23 AM
Thanks Lance

Sorry for delayed reply

To access the site I gave you earlier just type: web 8 in the addr bar as I found that the long addr didn't work either.

I've tried a couple of links to various suppliers - here and o/seas to find a suitable small dia spinner to no avail - so it looks like I'll have to fabricate a special spinner shell by vac-forming or something similar and fit it over a prop pivot bar of the right size

Smallest spinner dia I can fin to suit a 600 motor/g-box combo is 29mm - still too big !!

Ah well - them's the breaks.

Rgds - David