Jul 17, 2008, 08:11 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
Thread OP
Discussion

Vapor BNF - Best Money I Ever Spent

I can't seem to find anything to complain about. I've crashed a hundred times (it just bounces), flown in a little bit of wind, and it'll climb straight up in the thin air where I live (4200 feet elevation). Here's a video flying in my garage using a DX6i:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3#post10168269

Thanks Park Zone!

Gary
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2008, 08:39 PM
Yea this plane rocks!!! I want to see some park zone war planes now that would be neat!!
Jul 17, 2008, 08:44 PM
Foaming at the mouth..
Hehhehe.. yeh, I love mine, but Im having HUGE issues with the RTF Tx.. wish I could afford a DX6I.. once I can, my problems will be solved..

~Kev
Jul 17, 2008, 09:13 PM
might have to pick one of these up to fly in my hanger at the airport.
Jul 17, 2008, 09:43 PM
I gotta go pick one up, these things are neat!
Jul 18, 2008, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksiede
Hehhehe.. yeh, I love mine, but Im having HUGE issues with the RTF Tx.. wish I could afford a DX6I.. once I can, my problems will be solved..

~Kev
Maybe or maybe not. Some of us have had glitching even with DX-7's. Probably less than with the stock Tx, though. My experience shows that it's not so much the amount of 2.4 gHz in the area where you fly as it is the amount of 2.4 gHz where you bind the plane to the Tx. Once you have a good bind, it seems to be fine. Try checking for networks with the wireless card on a laptop. If it's strong, go somewhere else to bind, and see if that doesn't help.
Jul 18, 2008, 08:46 AM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
I saw your video Gary, it looks great. Its been kinda windy here in Fort Worth, but indoors at the gym has made up for it. But... nothing beats flying in your underwear in your own HOME!

Parkzone's Etomic Vapor BNF (2 min 38 sec)

Ricky
Jul 18, 2008, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgode
I saw your video Gary, it looks great. Its been kinda windy here in Fort Worth, but indoors at the gym has made up for it. But... nothing beats flying in your underwear in your own HOME!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ld-ebFe1jAU

Ricky
The site is blocked for me here at work. It must show you in your underwear or something.
Jul 18, 2008, 10:04 AM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched
The site is blocked for me here at work. It must show you in your underwear or something.
LOL YouTube is blocked at work for me also. I did go to Dodge City, Kansas and MAN ITS WINDY. It was a good thing that my wife's uncle is a farmer and he has a little "shed" THAT HE KEEPS HIS GIGANTIC COMBINE IN! It's easily the size of 3 of my gyms at school. I had plenty of room to fly!

Ricky
Jul 18, 2008, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgode
LOL YouTube is blocked at work for me also. I did go to Dodge City, Kansas and MAN ITS WINDY. It was a good thing that my wife's uncle is a farmer and he has a little "shed" THAT HE KEEPS HIS GIGANTIC COMBINE IN! It's easily the size of 3 of my gyms at school. I had plenty of room to fly!

Ricky
Yes, Kansas is windy too much. I guess wind is caused by the sun, or heat from the sun. It is nice and calm at night most of the time. I hate to get up at sunrise just to fly. There is about an hour before dark that is pretty good. My basement seems plenty big for the Vapor and that is where I fly the most. A big barn would be great. I need to make freinds with some farmers.
Jul 18, 2008, 03:15 PM
Foaming at the mouth..
I'll second that! I tree'd my Vapor last night in a random gust after it had calmed down..
2 hours, lots of sweat, and many broken tree limbs, I had it back Dang good thing I'm persistant too, it rained here in Topeka from 3 am till about noon today

~Kev
Jul 18, 2008, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksiede
I'll second that! I tree'd my Vapor last night in a random gust after it had calmed down..
2 hours, lots of sweat, and many broken tree limbs, I had it back Dang good thing I'm persistant too, it rained here in Topeka from 3 am till about noon today

~Kev
Yes, those gusts got me too. It was perfect calm for a few minutes then..wham. I couldn't get the vapor to come back to me and when I did, I quit flying. But it was nothing like your ordeal, thank heavens.
Jul 18, 2008, 07:03 PM
Pro Bro #495
Nice, Gary!

My only complaint about my Vapor is that it keeps me from getting any work done :P
Jul 18, 2008, 09:21 PM
Ok guys I just picked one up for $108.00 off of ebay.

But this afternoon my LHS owner said that 1/2 of his first shipment was damaged out of the box. So, how many damaged ones have been seen?
Jul 18, 2008, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters
Ok guys I just picked one up for $108.00 off of ebay.

But this afternoon my LHS owner said that 1/2 of his first shipment was damaged out of the box. So, how many damaged ones have been seen?
You are getting scared, aren't you? You think yours might be delivered damaged. Try and get some sleep. You have about a 50, 50 chance.

Quick Reply