Jan 16, 2009, 01:15 AM
Purples a fruit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025
Maneuvers such as rail slides, through and loops of the soccer goal. Thats when you blast through the soccer goal and yank back looping over the goal and then back through. Under the fence, find a low beam or fence and test your skills at how fast you can go under it. Set up targets low on the ground and try and hit them. Touch and goes off the roof of my buddies Valiant Forest flying is the best. Find a group of trees and just blaze about trying to avoid the inevitable. When your friend has one as well the stupid fun levels increase dramatically.

that was freakin fun. we had the most fun in r/c with the superfly, no question.

haha. the soccer goal rail slides. how man props did we break that day. haha
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2009, 01:44 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockd
that was freakin fun. we had the most fun in r/c with the superfly, no question.

haha. the soccer goal rail slides. how man props did we break that day. haha

Too many..... The snatch from your driver side window while you were driving will prolly be the highlight of this hobby for me.
Jan 16, 2009, 12:49 PM
Superfly Jamboree held in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, in a much warmer time of year..!
(1 min 15 sec)

Bill
Jan 16, 2009, 01:48 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Made mine over 2years ago. I had never flown anything with elevons before.

Still got It and I still fly It...What more can you say...
Jan 17, 2009, 05:33 AM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredVTT
Superfly Jamboree held in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, in a much warmer time of year..!

Bill
Wow, that looks more like an infestation than a Jamboree.

Looks like great fun was had by all.
Jan 17, 2009, 11:10 AM
AA6JB
Looks like a LOT of fun Jeff! And thanks to your review, I have ANOTHER plane that I think I neeeeeed on my radar!

Please compliment your video "person" as well. She does a VERY good job of tracking your flights. This plane does look like an all around fun keep-it-in-the-car type bird. The hand launches look like they are really difficult though!?

An enjoyable read Tram!
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
Jan 17, 2009, 11:14 AM
Foam is good.
Great review Tram! My superfly goes with me every time i fly. Taught me how to fly fast, harrier, and so much more. I'm still flying the stock setup on 3s becuse I don't want to mess with perfection. Thanks Dr David for a great product!

Here's my "mail truck" Fly
Jan 17, 2009, 02:15 PM
hello,
where is the CG Center Gravity point at the superfly ?

where the servos located or behind ?

greetings
jürgen, germany
Jan 17, 2009, 03:04 PM
Fully Sending It
Very nice Tram!!
Jan 17, 2009, 03:20 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Thread OP
LOL! Thanks!
Jan 17, 2009, 03:26 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNESJONR
Looks like a LOT of fun Jeff! And thanks to your review, I have ANOTHER plane that I think I neeeeeed on my radar!

Please compliment your video "person" as well. She does a VERY good job of tracking your flights. This plane does look like an all around fun keep-it-in-the-car type bird. The hand launches look like they are really difficult though!?

An enjoyable read Tram!
Careful with the keep in car thing..... This plane is assembled with hot glue and when it warms up the hinges can fall apart. Also the plane should be stored flat especially in warm weather. It will warp on ya.

Quote:
hello,
where is the CG Center Gravity point at the superfly ?

where the servos located or behind ?

greetings
jürgen, germany
All the answers can be found here....
http://www.superflyrc.com/pdf/SuperFly.pdf
Jan 18, 2009, 01:08 AM
Victoria Super Mortem

When all else fails..

This has got to be one of the best all around RC planes I have. Dr. Dave was pretty adamant about flying it with the recommended equipment that it came with over 2 years ago and about keeping it light. At that time, it was just the kit with the motor, but you could get the MG servo's that he sells, and the t-bird 18 with a reccommended 2S 1200 lipo. Honestly it does fly really really well with that exact set up, but once you've put a 3S pack on it, it's kind of a mute point.. LOL.. I've owned only 2 and still have the second one, I passed the first one on to another guy who's still flying it. It's the only plane I take with me when I can't decide what plane to take, and if it was'nt for the Superfly, I would'nt know about "hot glue hinging" which has worked on several other projects...epp and otherwise .... I can't really say more about it than that except that one of the guys who won the full contact combat at the JR indoor last year won it with a Superfly... Also, I have apparently been out of the loop for a while, because the term, Megafly is new to me... guess I need to check it out... Fly on..

Bo
Jan 20, 2009, 12:42 AM
registered snoozer
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredVTT

Bill

Im laughing out loud....and ordering one.
Jan 20, 2009, 07:52 PM
Molon Labe
Funny thing but they are all out of stock... I wonder why...
Jan 20, 2009, 07:56 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Thread OP
Because they roooooocccccckkkk...

Quick Reply