Xplorer/NAN models - Page 417 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Dec 17, 2012, 02:57 AM
registered user
Palm Meadows golf course on the Gold Coast... I will get some really high thermal footage next time my gopro fogged up
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2012, 10:26 AM
Registered User
bluffman's Avatar
Cool video, who is the singer. Ian
Dec 17, 2012, 09:24 PM
RV7guy
dnbarrie11's Avatar

Great video


The dog was a crack up. Must have been worn out at the end of the day.

Great field!!!

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Dec 17, 2012, 10:08 PM
registered user
The songs were John Legend, lifted & Florence & the machine, say my name.. The red dog loves it and will do it all day everyday She now looks at birds thermaling when driving and at the park will stop and look up for birds..
can't complain about the warm weather and great field.
Dec 20, 2012, 08:09 AM
Registered User

SD-10G competition TD set up needed


Need a favor!! I recently purchased a used Xplorer 3.5 and am just getting back into thermal flying . I just got an sd-10g Radio. I am a JR radio flyer but used to fly a Vision in my TD ships many years ago. Does anyone have a radio set up for me, I just ordered the USB cord to transfer the data.Thank you, Jack.
Dec 20, 2012, 08:45 AM
Registered User
Beautiful flying field.

The dog his simply hilarious, also awesome it is interested in chasing, not necessarily catching :-)

I thought just about every living creature in Aus wanted to kill people, but you're barefoot... I guess I was a sucker for that urban legend...

Happy flying!
Dec 20, 2012, 03:33 PM
Registered User
Wow, everything sure does move alot quicker in the southern hemisphere!!
Dec 20, 2012, 07:34 PM
Registered Taranis User
Miami Mike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappet
Wow, everything sure does movequicker in the southern hemisphere!!
...
Latest blog entry: Taranis: LiPo Fuel Gauge!
Dec 20, 2012, 07:39 PM
registered user

creatures


Quote:
Originally Posted by Belginique
Beautiful flying field.

The dog his simply hilarious, also awesome it is interested in chasing, not necessarily catching :-)

I thought just about every living creature in Aus wanted to kill people, but you're barefoot... I guess I was a sucker for that urban legend...

Happy flying!
Yes I rode my kangaroo to the site. Tackled a crocodile that tried taking off with my glider, then used brown snakes to fix broken winch line.. koala stole my TX and went up a tree, All while we had some shrimp on the barbie
Dec 20, 2012, 10:34 PM
Team Hello Kitty
SoaringDude's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineDSacro
Yes I rode my kangaroo to the site. Tackled a crocodile that tried taking off with my glider, then used brown snakes to fix broken winch line.. koala stole my TX and went up a tree, All while we had some shrimp on the barbie
Gee, in all of that didn't you also use a big hunting knife?

Is That a Knife (0 min 48 sec)
Dec 22, 2012, 12:49 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
webbsolution's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackspt28
Need a favor!! I recently purchased a used Xplorer 3.5 and am just getting back into thermal flying . I just got an sd-10g Radio. I am a JR radio flyer but used to fly a Vision in my TD ships many years ago. Does anyone have a radio set up for me, I just ordered the USB cord to transfer the data.Thank you, Jack.
PM me and ill email you a good step.
Dec 24, 2012, 07:16 PM
Registered User
PM sent, Thank You very much! Mery Christmas!!
Feb 16, 2013, 07:27 AM
Thermal Wrangler
DrFragnasty's Avatar

The Mighty Xplorer


I had one of those memorable days flying today with the Xplorer. It's summer here and hot. Lots of lift available but fast moving and energetic.

As soon as I arrived at our local field, I rigged the Xplorer 3.5 full-carbon before setting the winch up; it's a good strategy to stall a bit if the wind is fickle and you can't tell which way to run a line. Usually five minutes is enough to tell which way to lay out your winch.

I gave the Xplorer a few hand launches in the gusty hot conditions and hooked a boomer on the last throw and spent the next 45 mins hurtling around the sky at considerable height.; who needs a winch?

The Xplorer is just so easy to hook a thermal turn and core it. My thermal camber is minimal so the drag is low and airspeed relatively high and this allows you to bank and crank and maintain speed while grappling and chasing small thermals.

After 30mins my mate Steve arrives and noticed the lack of winch and yet the Xplorer was sky-high and 1/2 mile downwind.

Testimony to a great glider.

I've got a Pike Perfect ET Spread Tow on the way so the comparison might be interesting.



Chris.
Last edited by DrFragnasty; Feb 16, 2013 at 07:33 AM.
Feb 16, 2013, 08:36 AM
Ricky Windsock
aussief3b's Avatar
Great story Chris. You're my kind of glider guider with a great piece of equipment
Gordon
Feb 16, 2013, 09:30 AM
Registered Taranis User
Miami Mike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFragnasty
I gave the Xplorer a few hand launches in the gusty hot conditions and hooked a boomer on the last throw and spent the next 45 mins hurtling around the sky at considerable height.; who needs a winch?
We might have to make Gordon and a couple of other guys launch that way to even things up in our Florida contests.
Latest blog entry: Taranis: LiPo Fuel Gauge!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion RADINA 2 by NAN models Pinci Hand Launch 38 Feb 11, 2009 01:58 AM
Question Speed 1.5 /Nan Models. Alex Mini 1.5 setup question Broncomech Slope 20 Jul 23, 2008 10:47 PM
Discussion Nan Models Shadow ( sorry for the mistake ) Chipwillis Thermal 56 Apr 19, 2007 05:44 PM