Jul 13, 2008, 06:08 PM
Bro
Bro
Thread OP
New Product

Xplorer/NAN models

Howdy,
The first Xplorer from NAN models has arrived in the USA. It should be flying in the next week. Production will begin in the next 5-6 weeks, the tooling is coming close to completion for production, and we are hoping to see a good number of these here by the end of September.

SoaringUSA will be the exclusive distributor of the Xplorer, and the other fine NAN models here in the US, and we are very pleased with this partnership with Nikolay and NAN models.

IF you have an interest in getting one of these, give us a call and get on the list to get yourself one of these world class models!
There will be more information available as is comes. But, here are some specs. and pictures of this sweet toy...
http://www.soaringusa.com/products/p...ategory_id=293

Glad to be of service!
Bob
Last edited by Bro; Jul 24, 2008 at 01:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2008, 08:39 PM
I saw the Xplorers fly in Turkey and I was very impressed. I also saw the model shown on the SUSA web site. The photos don't do justice to the paint job. It has a metalic paint that looks amazing.
Jul 14, 2008, 12:18 AM
Fly R/C writer
Hi all,

Here is a preview of good things to come. Bob is correct in that the first Xplorer has arrived in the U.S., and it is a sweetie! I cannot provide you with a build blog, as there are exclusive rights already placed on the build up by R/C Sport Flyer. But we can show you some of the details of the model.

First, I will tell you that Nan Models has stepped up the level of quality another notch. The construction, fit and finish is clean, smooth and very precise. As Jeff mentions, the photos will do this model no justice. Of mention to make in this model is the fit of the wing to the fuselage. One of the photos will show a molded in wing fairing to the fuselage from the wing. It is exact. At the tail the horizontal stab is the typical Nan design where the LE comes around the fin. But this time, the fin is fitted to the gap that used to be there with the Shadow and Xperience Pro. The ballast tube is installed and ready to use.

The wing uses a proprietary airfoil that we have not been given privy to at this time. It is simply called the Nan-F3J airfoil. It is thicker than the Shadow, but it does penetrate well as evidenced by the winning models at the World Champs. The wing is 3.5 meters, but is wider in chord to get you about 1,150 square inches. With a projected weight of 68 to 72 oz, or about 8.5 to 9.0 oz/sq-ft. wing load, this model promises to be a great light air model. But don't be thinking this model won't take a launch. F3J is the most stressful way to launch a model, and it is certainly up to that task. What you will also get is a killer landing machine. With this light of a wingloading, it most certainly will walk to the spot.

Okay, enough talk...pictures.
Jul 14, 2008, 05:40 AM
<>< AKA W4BPS
Thanks Mike...
Nice. "NOT" 2.4 friendly. Is that in the works? Brian
Jul 14, 2008, 09:41 AM
Bro
Bro
Thread OP

Explorer

Brian,
the Explorers will be 2.4 yes. The Shadows, and Experience Pros we stock are now 2.4 as well!

Bob
Latest blog entry: 2015
Jul 14, 2008, 09:44 AM
<>< AKA W4BPS

Great!! Thanks. Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro
Brian,
the Explorers will be 2.4 yes. The Shadows, and Experience Pros we stock are now 2.4 as well!

Bob
Jul 14, 2008, 10:11 AM
Fly R/C writer
Hi Brian,

You're correct with the model you see here not being 2.4 friendly. Being I fly 2.4, this one will end up with whiskers...I know, it may not look great but it certainly works, as proven by my whiskered Shadow and other planes. I do look forward to the 2.4 friendly versions.

Meanwhile, I believe that Bob may have a drawing on the Xplorer available soon. I don't know why, but I do like having a drawing.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Jul 14, 2008, 12:35 PM
Who has no hard one now, seeing such a jewel ?
J.
Jul 14, 2008, 02:11 PM
How many versions of a Pike Perfect are there now?? Amazing
Jul 14, 2008, 02:17 PM
Much to my CHAGRIN . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetz17
How many versions of a Pike Perfect are there now?? Amazing
Last time I counted, four: Carbon 68 SL, Carbon 68 (standard layup), Carbon 68/80 and Carbon 80.

Mark
Jul 14, 2008, 03:34 PM
Very nice model . I very like the paintjob , no boring stuff like plain red all over the wing .Seems very impressive and expensive when you look at the Explorer letters written in gold , it fits so perfectly with the rest of the metallic orange golden and black colours . Quite stylish .Interesting thicker airfoil , unfortunatley cant draw any parallels here because i havent flown any US models .
Jul 14, 2008, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machild
Last time I counted, four
I believe there is a fifth Perfect now...the "JK" version. Carbon 68 layup, full strength spar, but has the tape wipers, minimal epoxy and very light paint from the SL series. Also a revised ballast system. Reportedly weighs in the low 70s.

This sounds like the variant to have, if you keep only one TD plane.

Tom
Last edited by tewatson; Jul 16, 2008 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Corrected text
Jul 14, 2008, 04:18 PM
<>< AKA W4BPS

Pike Perfect

I'll be looking for some one passing along their PP to try a Nan/Exploror.
Some one needs to do a build for the Exploror that can be shown here.. Please.. Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewatson
I believe there is a fifth Perfect now...the "PK" version. Carbon 68 layup, full strength spar, but has the tape wipers and very light paint from the SL series. Also a revised ballast system. Reportedly weighs in the low 70s.

This sounds like the variant to have, if you keep only one TD plane.

Tom
Jul 14, 2008, 04:31 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
I want one... anyone wanna buy an Onyx JWw? Winglets and ALL!

Phone message left... Bro... Call me!
Jul 14, 2008, 04:37 PM
I doubt many will drop their Perfect for this one. All of copy cats are just that. Who will be next to copy it???

Quick Reply