How do I change this lead? or do I just need adapter? - RC Groups
Jul 12, 2008, 01:53 PM
Swinger. Heli and planks!
Discussion

How do I change this lead? or do I just need adapter?

I have a DN power 450mah battery that I need to have the chage/blance lead changed to what my charger takes. The DN power has 4 wires going to it, ones I need only have three going to them, it has a lead that looks like this.

but I need the balance/charge lead that looks like the ones on Ace Power or Great planes. that looks like this

Last edited by BennettOZ84; Jul 12, 2008 at 07:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2008, 02:08 PM
My best guess based on the photos. This assumes that the DN Power battery that you want to convert is the one in your top photo.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s..._-_Male_JST_2S

I don't have any DN Power batteries so hopefully someone will verify. From the XUS website it appears that they're now using JST-XH connectors on their balance taps...

No matter what adapter you get, remember to make sure that you check polarity with a volt meter before plugging into a charger or balancer to avoid catastrophe.

Mark
Jul 12, 2008, 07:05 PM
OK, There has to be a adapter out there some place, I am just not sure what I am looking for. Do I need to take better pics so you all know what I am looking for? Sorry I dont know the names of the different charge/balance taps, The DN power has 4 wires and the tap has a little clip on it, the others I have, such as great planes and Acepower battiers have the 3 wires and have two little "guides" or ridges on the taps.

And does anyone know of a place that is USA based? so I dont have to wait 14 days for my product to arrive from china.

Thanks
Jul 13, 2008, 01:00 AM
Ok, looks like this might be what I need, can anyone confirm this before I order it.

http://www.ritehobby.com/Reversed-Ad...-Polymer-Packs
Jul 13, 2008, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettOZ84
Ok, looks like this might be what I need, can anyone confirm this before I order it.

http://www.ritehobby.com/Reversed-Ad...-Polymer-Packs
No. That appears to be a polarity reversal adapter for a three conductor (2S) JST-XH plug. From your photo, it appears as though you need either a Hyperion or Thunder Power to JST-XH adapter. Recommend that you contact the merchant where you purchased your battery to confirm.