Icare-RC.com's Rainbow Autogyro Review - Page 4 - RC Groups
Dec 30, 2012, 10:56 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
I'm still flying mine.. occasionally..
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2012, 12:09 AM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
Hi Thomas!
Nice to see there are rainbow's all over the world!
My previous post shows my maiden and got 1 reply so didn't bother to post modifications but had much fun on my own
It took me a year to get comfortable flying along with other planes.
It performs quite "aerobatic" lately. They say it handles loops quite well but haven't tried it myself.

vdo shows only 1 part of flight. The landing didn't damage the gyro and I continued flight.

enjoy!
Erik

Jeti Rainbow autogyro (2 min 17 sec)
Last edited by Erik v. Schaik; Dec 31, 2012 at 12:16 AM.
Dec 31, 2012, 04:00 AM
Hi Guys

I am need of you help

Some time ago I purchased a Rainbow Autogyro and have waited to the new year to built it .

As my work takes me out of the UK from time to time the Rainbow Autogyro was put to sleep

till I came back.

When I was away my wife decided to clean up my man cave, were I do all of my building,

in the man cave there was a lot of old papers which were used for painting my models

and my wife put all of these papers in the trash , the problem is that all the Build Up and

Set Up paper work for the Rainbow Autogyro was with these papers.

I have this bird sitting in its box but no way how to put it together or setting it up.

guys can any body send complete set of paper work may be by email so I can get this bird flying so I am not missing out on the fun

alan_desert@yahoo.co.uk

Alan
Jan 01, 2013, 09:18 PM
Electric Coolhunter
I have the instructions. Will scan them and will either post them here or email them to you by the upcoming weekend.
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Jan 02, 2013, 03:01 AM
Thanks

Thomas B.
email is easy
I think post to the UK is a lot of trouble

Alan
Jan 02, 2013, 12:26 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Warp
Thanks

Thomas B.
email is easy
I think post to the UK is a lot of trouble

Alan
Actually, by post, I meant posting them on line here, to this discussion thread....might be worth doing to help out all Rainbow fans.
Jan 02, 2013, 02:34 PM
Hi

Sorry for getting the wrong end of the stick ,as you said posting them here would be a good
idea
Jan 06, 2013, 01:11 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Rainbow instructions:

Since Time Warp had need of these, I thought I would upload them here to assist other Rainbow owners that might have lost their instructions.
Jan 06, 2013, 01:26 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Got in several great flights on the Rainbow yesterday, but started getting a little wild with it...

Was looping and rolling with no problems until I put a bit too much negative G on the model when upside down....the bladed reversed their cone angle and I cut off two of the rotor blades with the prop... It fluttered to the ground with minor other damage, plus a broken prop.

The two rotor blades that stayed with the rest of the model had prop cut marks half way though the blades.

So, back in the shop for some blade repair, new blades and the addition of a rudder, rudder servo and steerable tailwheel.
Jan 06, 2013, 01:43 PM
Thanks

Thomas B
Looks like I am in the man cave for a few days.........?
Sep 16, 2014, 02:38 PM
Stress Be Gone
Does anyone have a picture showing installation of the rudder servo mod.

Quick Reply