This thread is privately moderated by 356Jim, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 10, 2008, 03:30 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Flying Update

Again, another month goes by before I post to my blog. How time flies........

I have been really busy with home projects, but I have built a couple of indoor planes, as well. I built Bill Lowe 14" Ghost, using a 7 mm Blue motor and a GWJ gearbox, one 3.6 gm BA servo for Ailerons, and 2 Muscle wire servos for the rudder and elevator. AUW is a little over 23 grams. That translates to about 1 ounce per square foot of wing area. Everything runs off a Plantraco servo Rx, but I hate those pesky mini-JST connectors - just too much retention force for such small connectors. Several little niggly problems have surfaced, so no successful maiden yet, but what little time it has had in the air says it's going to be fun. I also built a Bill Lowe Slow Flier from a freebie kit he packed with my Ghost ARF.

I also scratch built a 3 ounce sorta-fun stick type indoor flier at 27" span and powered by a rewound UH 10 gram brushless, it's fun. I also built a 50% Robert Youens Arrow F3P satyle bipe and have made several mods to it to get if flying successfully. I have now put a Parkzone Cessna 2.4 GHz "brick" Rx+servos in it and hope to maiden it next week. AUW is going to be around 17 grams and change with about 100 square inches - should pretty much float thru the air!!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply