Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 05, 2001, 10:30 PM
ARE
ARE

First flight today.... PicoCub at night!

Flew first time today, put some time on the simulator and went off to a baseball field.

There are three fields together and the flood lights are kept ON till midnight. No one was playing today, got 6 short un-eventful flights. Got adjusted to the plane in a very short period of time, there was absolutely no wind!. The last flight was not that good, got a small fracture in the rear and the propeller got a bit of a damage, nothing serious though. I'm all excited, this plane is very forgiving, even though it was my first time I had no trouble adjusting to the flight characteristics, the only problem I have is that the plane kind of banks to the right, don't know why, the wings seem to be built pretty good and I don't see why it should bank to the right (battery on the right side of the body ?).

I had the motor in direct-drive, connected to a 6-cell 600mah battery. The propeller is a gunther prop. (125mmx110mm). I did notice that the plane was lacking a bit of a power, will probably add another cell or two to get more juice.

Any advice on upgrading to a geared setup or the battery?

Thanks,

========
Aroosh
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2001, 06:34 AM
sav
sav
ARE

nice to see you had a succesfull flight

check out for tips.
http://www.ezonemag.com/disc/Forum2/HTML/00099.html

go for the geared option go 7/8 cell strenthen up your landing gear.

sav