Jul 25, 2008, 11:11 AM
In Rc for a LONG TIME FFAA#1
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Gonna be a wild looking "plane" especiallly with paint!

Allied Building products on Groesbeck about 13mi? High perf (double skin, layflat) was about $41/bundle 9 months ago. I had the same problem. started with pink, found blu and never went back. anyone need half a bundle of pink fff?
where you located spinger?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2008, 11:16 AM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Thread OP
Springer lives in the Romeo Area. 48052 or so.

I am in the New Baltimore Area. 48048

Both in Michigan. You coming out to visit? I have 3/4 of a bundle of Pink that you can have too!
Jul 25, 2008, 03:53 PM
treefinder
SG: Outstanding paint! you are The Man! Whatcha gonna use for power?

Laser: Yup, north side of Det. You should accompany Tony when he comes to our next fBB fun fly (deftly disquised as visiting friends in Windsor, as I recall). Lots of pink fff available for free around here!
Jul 25, 2008, 04:26 PM
Quote:
SG: Outstanding paint! you are The Man! Whatcha gonna use for power?

Laser: Yup, north side of Det. You should accompany Tony when he comes to our next fBB fun fly (deftly disquised as visiting friends in Windsor, as I recall). Lots of pink fff available for free around here!
hmm might but can't !!! the wife won't let me and also no job!! might be a thing if tony shows up just fill his car up for me!!!
Jul 25, 2008, 04:37 PM
treefinder
I kinda figured that. Michigan thumb boonies are a long ride from Ottawa! Been following your job woes, bummer. But ya gotta go lots farther south than MI to find a decent economy. If Tony gets to make a flyin, we will load him up! (along with a Romeo Timmie or two for the road)
Jul 25, 2008, 05:02 PM
Quote:
I kinda figured that. Michigan thumb boonies are a long ride from Ottawa! Been following your job woes, bummer. But ya gotta go lots farther south than MI to find a decent economy. If Tony gets to make a flyin, we will load him up! (along with a Romeo Timmie or two for the road)
hehehe will have to get him to bring you some proper coffee from timmies for you guys !!!
Jul 26, 2008, 08:50 PM
treefinder
What!? you mean US timmie's isn't the same as Original Canuk timmies?? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you! They just opened a Tim Horten's in Romeo, and the coffee is still good, so that's what we will provide for Tony to wet his whistle for the trip home.
Jul 26, 2008, 08:54 PM
Quote:
What!? you mean US timmie's isn't the same as Original Canuk timmies?? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you! They just opened a Tim Horten's in Romeo, and the coffee is still good, so that's what we will provide for Tony to wet his whistle for the trip home.
Oh, yeah it should be the same !!! and if you want to come for a visit here you guys are welcome too for a bb funfly!!!
Jul 27, 2008, 01:24 AM
Slopeosapien
SG: that thing is awesome... Hopin it fly's great, cuz I have to have one... goldguy'll have jammer!!
Aug 06, 2008, 10:15 PM
Thread OP
Bad news...

I tried but i can't get my Fury to fly. After several just slightly in control extremely short flights, i have shelved this version of the Fury.

I think that i need to change the Fuse to a profile only and extend the ailerons all the way to the center as a start. They just did not have any effect on the direction of the plane. I also think that the trailing surfaces at the wingtips were just too big and uncontrollable and contributed to the control issues.

So i will redesign and rebuild (with the much lighter blue stuff) but it will be a while. I want to get my Star Destroyer, Defiant, and my Top Secret project built first.
May 04, 2009, 04:15 PM
UAS Test Pilot
Please have another go, I want to make one for my brother for his birthday. He is the biggest B5 fan ever...
May 04, 2009, 11:45 PM
Thread OP
When is his Birthday?

I have been tossing this one around in my head for a while and i can see no reason why i won't fly. I am going to have to toy around with the design a bit.

It will definitely be a challenge. I am getting kind of sick of building Trainer-1's for my friends to learn how to fly! 4 planes in the last 2 months that were NOT for me!!! GRRR!!

I think there were 2 problems with the Star Fury.

#1 was weight. It came out way too heavy. Part of it was the pink foam (never buying that junk again) and i used dowels instead of carbon tubes. I know i can lighten it up a LOT.

#2 was those tabs and everything hanging off the back. I know they were making it much harder to control. They were all over the place instead of straight back. It is one of the problems with building planes using Fan Fold instead of nice straight depron. I can't afford depron though... So i think i am going to leave off the extra tabs at the end of the wings and maybe stretch the design out a bit longer so it has more overall length to it.

As soon as i get thise last couple trainers in the air I think that will be my next project... along with building a bigger scale Viper... and a Land Speeder.... and.... jeez i have a lot of projects!
May 04, 2009, 11:58 PM
Slopeosapien
Glad to see you're getting your wind up on this one again, SG. Still watching...
May 06, 2009, 09:58 AM
and hopefully soon you will post plans for us please !!!!!!!

Quick Reply