Babylon 5 Fury!!!!!!!!! Design #3 today :) - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 09, 2008, 08:28 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Cool

Babylon 5 Fury!!!!!!!!! Design #3 today :)

So third design today. Man i was on a roll.

This one could be my coolest design yet. THis one is going to be a great flyer too. I WILL be building this one soon.

I plan on interlocking all the parts to keep everything at the right angle and i am going to be keeping my vertical wingtips together when i glue them then cut out the middle parts.

36" Wingspan 24" Long 16" Tall

Going to link all 4 elevons man this is cool!

Plans will certainly be coming for this one.

Check out my Blog! https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=78981
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2008, 09:03 PM
Mr. Super Genius,
I gotta hand it to you. You just never give up, do you! Not only 3 designs in one day, but all of your past projects too. Even when people tell you it won't fly, you go right ahead and try it anyway. Your plans are some of the most fantastic I've seen and I have to admire your persistence. One of these days I'll attempt one of your designs. If for no other reason than my son is a huge Star Wars and Star Trek freak. Keep it up!!

Sterling
(not a super genius)
Jul 09, 2008, 10:20 PM
Yard,

You should build a Reliant. Very easy to build, and VERY easy to fly. It is probably one of the most stable planes i have built. let alone designed..... The Tie Fighter on the other hand......

Thanks for the compliments.

I have a few more days of watching my machine before i will be home at normal times and get back to building. So i may come up with another plane or 2.
Jul 10, 2008, 12:38 AM
How about some Starblazers planes, can not wait to see some more of your starwars plans. When i get some build time i am going to try the Reliant.
Jul 10, 2008, 12:45 AM
skumgummi dave
SGTalon

Love the Fury. Lookin forward to the plans for this. Bravo!!!

Dave-
Jul 10, 2008, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTalon
So third design today. Man i was on a roll.

This one could be my coolest design yet. THis one is going to be a great flyer too. I WILL be building this one soon.

I plan on interlocking all the parts to keep everything at the right angle and i am going to be keeping my vertical wingtips together when i glue them then cut out the middle parts.

36" Wingspan 24" Long 16" Tall

Going to link all 4 elevons man this is cool!

Plans will certainly be coming for this one.

Check out my Blog! https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=78981
Amazing job! Hope it does fly.

Also it looks like you think as I do.

I don't fly a whole lot, but I have in my head ideas for aircraft I would like to design.

Just one thing, the difference between you and me is that I would actually try to make it fly via 4 ducted fan props, and they would (if possible) be positioned as they would be on a full size Star Fury, at the tips of the wings. Though I'm guessing it wouldn't fly like that...

Anyway, what program are you using, if you don't mind?

Thanks

JT
Jul 10, 2008, 10:57 AM
Ken's CAD Models
SGT,

This looks like it will be a great flyer. A VTOL for sure.

Better paint it though, disorientation looks easy.

Looking forward to your progress.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Ken's CAD Models new web site
Jul 10, 2008, 06:26 PM
Man, everyone is getting on me about paint lately... ok ok.

I will paint some of my planes!!!

Not sure what a Starblazer is.... I will google it.

I have to say that aside from the Imp SD this is the one i am most excited about building. It is going to be very cool!

I am certainly going to be doing a bunch of Vertical Take Offs too!

Can't wait!
Jul 10, 2008, 06:55 PM
Slopeosapien
Starblazers was also called Space Battleship Yamato... Considered by some to be the origin of modern day Anime. I have some pics of the 2 fighters I would have built from the series, I'll post them up when I get home from work.

Awesome work on all these new designs, SG... Hell I was already impressed with the first bunch you'd done!!!
Jul 10, 2008, 07:17 PM
SGTalon,
I like the star wars.
That's my Fly-X in 2003.

Here is the link to my Fly-X video.
Fly X (1 min 21 sec)

Cheers

Flyparty
Jul 10, 2008, 10:06 PM
Oh...my...God.

Talon, I'm driving to Oshkosh this year and taking a few rc planes. In addition to re-building my BOP, I have to build one of these damn things too. The EAA guys will FREAK!

KW
Jul 11, 2008, 07:35 PM
So you are telling me that i need to get this done in the next week or so huh?

I have been thinking about going to Oshkosh this year. I haven't been since i was a kid living with my parents! They go every year and camp for the week.

Is there someplace that they allow RC planes to fly? If they do, and I go i would certainly have to bring some!!!

My Enterprise is nearly ready for flight. I will move the Fury up in the build que.
Jul 12, 2008, 06:21 AM
If it flies, I crash it!
Hey Genius,

Can you make this fury a pusher instead of a tractor,
more for athestics?
Just a thought.
Keep up the great work Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius.
ACME investor!
Jul 12, 2008, 07:08 AM
treefinder
originally posted by SGtalon:
"Man, everyone is getting on me about paint lately... ok ok.

I will paint some of my planes!!!"

Yeah, you need to. especially, since you're building them pink! They look so great, but we have to mentally color they in appropriate colors. Save us the mental agony! If you have a part that you really need in Blu, call me, I've got some of both pblll and high perf you can have.

mike
Jul 12, 2008, 10:30 AM
Doh!!! I wish i would have seen this last night Mike!

I just cut out a reinforcement plate for the front out of pink!

Oh well. I did put some gray paint on the Enterprise. It looks pretty good.

I also painted the Klingon and my Tie Fighter. Both black, it was all i had.

The Fury will be black too. Gray on the bottom, black on top. Should make it look pretty awesome.

I am going to print out the plans Monday for it and get it going right away.