May 28, 2010, 10:02 AM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Thread OP
I think i am going to actually build this one. I am planning on a trip to Oshkosh and want to take some of my cooler planes. This one will probably get a lot of interest.

So stay tuned for some real build pictures.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 19, 2014, 06:05 PM
Thread OP
I stumbled across some pictures of someone that built a Falcon from my design. Great video!

Thanks Hapewin for the video.

Millenium Falcon Maidenflight at Grüner Heiner (3 min 33 sec)
Apr 21, 2014, 01:15 PM
"Use the foam, Luke!"
Here is Falcon at indoors.

Millennium Falcon In Action.wmv (3 min 22 sec)
Sep 08, 2015, 10:30 PM
Thread OP
Not sure if you guys know this or not, but there is a Star Wars movie coming soon.

The star of this new movie is the Millennium Falcon! Well this has finally got me off my butt to update my Falcon design.

Here it is, totally scale. I used all of the techniques I have learned over the years to make super cool designs and my buddy Rasterize is working on skins!

They are going to really bring out how crappy the MF looks especially 30 years after Return of the Jedi.

Can't wait to build this one!! It's funny too, when I originally designed this, I wasn't very excited about it. Amazing what 7 years can do.
Sep 10, 2015, 08:06 AM
Thread OP
Updated the design a bit more last night.

I added a few details like the Satellite Dish, and tweaked how I did the doubler for the motor mount as well as a few other production tweaks and it is ready!

I sent the files to my buddy Ken and he already cut out the kit. Picking it up tonight. I may actually have this thing built this weekend!

I also took the current progress on the skins and added it to the top. Looks awesome already!!
Sep 10, 2015, 09:47 PM
Thread OP
I picked up the kit parts today and taped them together. It looks AWESOME!

Turns out it has been so long since I built a plane, my Gorilla Glue was dried up!!

I also got a chance to fly today for the first time this year. Good day for sure.
Sep 11, 2015, 11:38 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Oh COOL !!!! I’ve just Gotta’ make one of these ... Especially after the great Success of the Cylon Raider (same talented spacecraft designer, although not of the same movie )
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Sep 13, 2015, 07:55 PM
Thread OP
Went to do the maiden flight today and my brand new (well, unused) ESC wouldn't work. Hobbyking 20 Amp ESC initialized fine, then when I throttled up, it makes the tiniest bump of the prop then it re-initializes.

So i took my other new, unused ESC, put connectors on it and same thing!! I just ordered 2 new ESC, hopefully they get here quickly. I really want to fly this thing!!

In the meantime, here are the pics of the "Almost" Maiden flight.
Sep 14, 2015, 06:25 AM
gpw
gpw
Good luck !!!
Oct 10, 2015, 07:28 PM
Thread OP

Maiden Flight!

Maiden Flight completed!! Needs some work. The offset cockpit is causing issues. I added a quick fin to the back on the opposite side and it helped but not enough. Probably need to trip it down and add some bigger fins to the back.

It is really funny, I have been having problems with the motor and speed control. I finally got it to work then this happened. Check out the video and see how it actually seems like the Millennium Falcon from the movie!

RC Star Wars Millenium Falcon - Prototype First Flight (1 min 45 sec)
Oct 11, 2015, 06:21 AM
gpw
gpw
Maybe folks wouldn’t miss the troublesome cockpit on the side , just for flying sake ... It looks great in the air ...
Oct 11, 2015, 07:51 AM
Ken's CAD Models
I would suggest a removable cockpit for flying and used for static display.

Ken
Oct 11, 2015, 10:17 AM
gpw
gpw
There ya’ go !!! Great Idea DZ1, something for everybody !!!
Oct 11, 2015, 10:42 AM
Ken's CAD Models
I can understand any reluctance to do so, as the cockpit is such a identifiable feature of this spacecraft. Flying without it just might not have the same feel.

Ken
Oct 11, 2015, 10:45 AM
gpw
gpw
Well then, we’ll just have to PRETEND it’s a real spacecraft ....... hahahahaha Right !!!!

Quick Reply