Jul 08, 2008, 04:52 PM
My Shadow Hawk will not start at all and the XPV charger light blinks on and off. Any ideas anyone? I know it is $12.95 but it should fly!

I might try to secure the shroud around the props a little tighter. If that does not work, back it goes to Circuit City!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2008, 04:57 PM
Have fun
i jus bought a XPV 2.0 for 50 bucks 2 weeks ago! this is making me want to return it and buy the one at circuit city but i have no reciept....
Jul 08, 2008, 05:20 PM
brings infinite surprise
mine definitely flies and turns on. its a little scary with the limited space near where i live. totally have to take it somewhere big but my car is having rack + pinion issues so probably a sell off is afoot of most of the rest of my stuff. sigh.

too bad about no receipt airpower i dunno how i'd feel about this thing for 50 bucks. it is pretty cool though.
Jul 08, 2008, 08:44 PM
Woe ==this seems 2 good to be true 17 with shiping,but im gonna pass--just dont seem right.I want the xpv that has XPV on the left side of the box.This might be china poo.Im gonna go 2 cc and see it in person. "Air yours is straight"--keep it....Really good info good reporting slap.
Jul 08, 2008, 08:55 PM
brings infinite surprise
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkwax30
Woe ==this seems 2 good to be true 17 with shiping,but im gonna pass--just dont seem right.I want the xpv that has XPV on the left side of the box.This might be china poo.Im gonna go 2 cc and see it in person. "Air yours is straight"--keep it....Really good info good reporting slap.
i maidened mine today, don't remember what side xpv was on the box but it is the shadowhawk and it does fly like a larger mini. maybe i got a good one but it sure zips around the sky. definitely a tap tap machine though or it spirals in a bad way. totally going to barnstorm one of the playground pvc tunnels with it if i can get it a little more controllable.
Jul 09, 2008, 11:17 AM
I finally got mine working. Just as I thought, one of the screws on the prop shrouds must have been lose because now it charges and turns on.
It does veer to the left though and since there aren't any trim settings on the controller, I am going to have to either artificially add some right aileron or tape a penny to the right wing. Motors and battery are strong.
Jul 09, 2008, 01:06 PM
wow then its a great deal you cant beat that price---i checked my c city in tampa fl and they dont have any-
Jul 13, 2008, 07:11 PM
brings infinite surprise
well, i got a shadowhawk, flew it once then upon the next charge the left motor had about 10 percent of normal thrust. ran it down, recharged, nothing. so, return it. none of those left, just as well since i don't have the room for them. so i buy one of the fireflys they had left.

big mistake.

up until now the biggest hunk of junk i took out of a box was the radio shack micro mosquito v1. this thing is worse and thats considering the price. i couldn't get the mosquito to do anything its advertised to do. but, at least i could trim that thing to stop spinning madly to the right somewhat. this thing just keeps going to the right no matter how much i twist the trim. sorry if this offends peter who i know is active on these boards but these helicopters are junk. sorry if anyone else has gotten one that works but i can honestly say, in my experience, they are junk. @ 69.99 its obvious i'm going to take a hunk of junk like the mosquito back.

when something is 9.99 and i'm not even willing to deal with it? theres a problem. junk. just thought i'd vent.

don't offer me hints like twist this or tweak that, it's not worth it. 10 dollars can be used for gas and i won't feel like i got raped as i did buying this thing.

did i mention junk?

junk.

thank you =)
Jul 13, 2008, 07:40 PM
Have fun
even then the rotor system is very very fragile.
Jul 13, 2008, 07:48 PM
brings infinite surprise
i noticed on both mosquito and firefly that the rotors don't track properly, or at least as i'm accustomed to on my blade cx2 i had. i know, hobby grade v. toys but, we are talking about things that fly here so some things have to be the same, toy or otherwise.

on both of these helis i saw the rotors just kind of undulate like a bent bicycle wheel. the blades on this seem even flimsier and cheaper than the mosquito. shame because the mosquito is sweet looking, this would be better if not for the red leds and it seems like the body is heavier than the mosquito. who knows. i heard rumours about a 4 channel mosquito this year at some point, MAYBE it finally works right. but if ITC is involved, i bet not. =)

btw airpower both of us have way too much time on our hands for the amount we post back and forth lately. =) hehe.

Quick Reply