Discussion

Interactive Toy Concepts Firefly for $9.96

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ....do?oid=186855

also Toymax XPV Terranator plane for $12.96

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...oid=187796&c=1
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2008, 04:25 PM
Just Say No To GMO
Wow! What insanely good prices. Thank You for posting that.

However, the "Terranator" ..the picture is of the Shadow Hawk, 27mhz.
But!! A 27mhz Shadow Hawk for $12.95 !!!!!!! I've never, ever heard Jakks Pacific referred to as "Toymax"...that is worth looking into, I wonder what's up..?

I do not have one red cent to my name at the moment but come next Friday, if the deal still holds, I'm buying a few...provided it's the later version.

Never tried that ITC copter but usually it's expensive. Good find, good find.
One law I have found that holds true in the Micro RTF world....the better the deal, the farther I will be away from my paycheck. hehe.
Jul 07, 2008, 05:26 PM
brings infinite surprise
12.95? and its in stock 7 miles away from me? damn you. i'll report back on what it was, maybe i'll have one. sheesh. can't wait to see the overpriced new stuff to take the place of all this. hehe.
Jul 07, 2008, 05:59 PM
Flying high
Um, something doesn't seem right with the "Terranator". It looks like a MXPV, but in the description:

The Terranator is five mean vehicles in one: A street car, off-road 4x4, dragster, swamp buggy and snowmobile.

So....which one of those flies?
Jul 07, 2008, 06:06 PM
I picked one up for free in store pickup. I will report back. The Firefly was OOS.
Jul 07, 2008, 06:11 PM
It works, don't touch it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughinglizard
I picked one up for free in store pickup. I will report back. The Firefly was OOS.
You got a shadow hawk for free and OOS means out of stock right?
Jul 07, 2008, 06:13 PM
"raven" didn't fit, heh
"Terranator" isn't a plane, just a ground vehicle. they got their Terranator and XPV pictures mixed up, heheh! try this:

http://www.amazon.com/XPV-Super-Terr.../dp/B000RYOJOM

i'm lackluster about the 2-ch Firefly (i prefer the MicroMosquito, almost the exact same but with 3-ch) but it's TOTALLY worth $10!

could make an interesting 2-motor diff.thrust plane with the gear, that's for sure
Jul 07, 2008, 06:19 PM
Flying high
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandfather ra
"Terranator" isn't a plane, just a ground vehicle. they got their Terranator and XPV pictures mixed up, heheh! try this:

http://www.amazon.com/XPV-Super-Terr.../dp/B000RYOJOM

i'm lackluster about the 2-ch Firefly (i prefer the MicroMosquito, almost the exact same but with 3-ch) but it's TOTALLY worth $10!

could make an interesting 2-motor diff.thrust plane with the gear, that's for sure
LOL, but if you read the description, they threw in "Stealth Plane Styling". So it's more than the wrong picture...
Jul 07, 2008, 07:01 PM
brings infinite surprise
i got one, no pics yet cause can't find dumb usb camera cable. it is in fact the lipo equipped xpv 2.0 shadowhawk. it has braces on the motors but don't know about the in between brace, haven't looked back at the old thread to confirm. westnedge ave in portage has 4 xpvs, well, 3 now. 2 27 mhz and 1 49 mhz. i scored a 49 for myself. maybe i throw the gear in a scratchbuilt micro gee bee once i tire of the airframe. has to be worth it for 12.96 right? someone who's flown one tell me i didn't waste my money.

also there was about 12-18 of the fireflys @ 9.96 even though the site told me they were out of stock in my area. so, call or visit if you want one of those.

the xpv's weren't marked at the proper price, priced at like 2 different ones but scanned properly.
Jul 07, 2008, 07:18 PM
I want a firefly. I tried the shadow hawk and it was really bad.
Jul 07, 2008, 07:39 PM
brings infinite surprise
bad enough to be a waste of 12.95? the gear has to be transplantable into something. the charger is a little bizarre, however. i liked the mini xpv, if it flies like that at less than half the price i paid for one, then i'm happy, if momentarily.

firefly looks cool but it seems so laaaaaaaaame without a 3rd channel. the mosquito i had was barely capable of forward anyways so, eh. who knows.
Jul 07, 2008, 08:09 PM
Just got back from CC. It is the XPV 2.0 for 12.95 plus tax. No shipping since I picked it up. Charging as I type this.
Jul 07, 2008, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspacman1979
bad enough to be a waste of 12.95? the gear has to be transplantable into something. the charger is a little bizarre, however. i liked the mini xpv, if it flies like that at less than half the price i paid for one, then i'm happy, if momentarily.

firefly looks cool but it seems so laaaaaaaaame without a 3rd channel. the mosquito i had was barely capable of forward anyways so, eh. who knows.
Yeah they are both worth $10. Even if it does not fly well, the motors and electronics itself are worth the $10. I am done with XPV products except the Minis. They fly very well. My XPV could not climb fast enough and crashed everytime i tried to turn. So i put the electronics in an air raptor. My shadow hawk's motors were so out of sync, that i had to turn right for it to turn left controlably. It may have just been mine though. Yeah i never did like ITC helis. I am not favorable of the blades. Seem a bit fragile, but they may have changed. I had the blade runner about 3 years ago or so and it was real bad. Flight times -3 minutes and not much control. But even if these products dont perform well, then the parts are well worth it.
Jul 08, 2008, 12:32 AM
Shadow hawk, good plane, great gear, STEAL at that price.
Jul 08, 2008, 12:40 AM
brings infinite surprise
mine DOES NOT have the motor braces demi discussed in the old thread. it does seem to track straight ahead when i ran it on the road. i don't have room outside the house so i'll maiden it tomorrow sometime.

i may call this the 'deliverance' plane cause it goes 'REEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee!' when you throttle it up.

hehehehehe.

Quick Reply