any good link on How to balance blades?
Some pics would b nice......
I have a couple of balancer but they dont seem to move or shift untill i put a lot of tape on one or the other.
Ep concept has vibration at low head speed. Vibraition gone at half stic. Tracking is dead on even w/ the foam blades.
I balanced my Raptor blades using a threaded rod with a couple of washers & nuts, a small hobby vise, and a razor blade. HEre's my method:
1) Bolt the blades together with the threaded rod. I do this with the leading edge down on a flat surface to make sure they're straight, and the tips pointing away from each other. The rod acts like a balance so I can figure out which blade is heavier and mark it as such.
2) Clamp a razor blade in the vise, and balance the blades on it individually to find their spanwise CG's.
3) If the CG's are noticably different, hold the blades together and mark the CG from the heavy blade on the lighter blade.
4) Add tape to the tip/root of the lighter blade until it's spanwise CG matches the heavy blade.
5) Bolt the blades back together and add tape at the spanwise CG's to get the blades to the same weight.
Obviously, this method doesn't match the chordwise CG's - but I don't think I'll notice at my skill level.
If you're gonna buy a balancer, I hear the KSJ-528 (Toshi's recommendation) is very good.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Any good deals on HB FP2 Main Blades?||Discusman||Micro Helis||0||Nov 24, 2006 08:09 PM|
|Know of any good deals on power supplies?||Ben74||Batteries and Chargers||7||Aug 06, 2003 01:28 PM|
|Any Good Deals on Minimax's||HobbyWatch||Parkflyers||1||Oct 10, 2002 06:48 AM|
|Any new ideas on how to stiffen a Zagi wing any further?||slowflyer||Foamies (Kits)||60||Jan 05, 2002 08:26 PM|