This thread is privately moderated by bidule, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 04, 2008, 09:13 PM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Thread OP
Cool

1 Juillet @ Rideau

Thanks to Mike Anderson : few pics of HET 104 with a second life.
Motor and Het 2 20W fan 4 3700 Flightpower cells,CC 80.
Catapult launch with wheels.
Last edited by bidule; Jul 06, 2008 at 07:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2008, 01:37 AM
video, video, video.
Jul 05, 2008, 02:53 AM
Suspended Account
Thats the nicest het 104 I have seen to date!!
Jul 05, 2008, 09:02 AM
Model soo good looking like this one deserves the thread not just the blog info!
I almost miss this one!
Absolutely georgeous... I think I will order one!
BTW, great pics...please post more!
Can you tell more how this model behaves? Any bad habits to watch for? AWU? Flight duration on those bateries?
Cheers,
Janusz
Jul 05, 2008, 10:25 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Wow!!!! That is sweet!!!

Dave
Jul 05, 2008, 11:15 AM
Tally Ho!
beautiful F104!! say is that the Dutch or the Czech roundel? if its the Dutch the model is not correct...

cuz it should look like this then:

http://www.zap16.com/images/F-104%20...U%20D-8062.jpg
Jul 06, 2008, 07:34 AM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Thread OP
Thank you all for the compliments..was not expected..
The model WAS RED before, after few crashes due to pilot erreurs and misplace of the bungee hook. The plane was finally flying fine, I move the hook way in the front of the CG and I use 5125 digital Hitec servos with little travel and lot of exponential. Unfortunately the last flying day of 2007 , the bungee cord tangle my RX antenna and after a nice "vol plane" the plane impale itself in a bush.
During the winter I strip the covering and patch many holes ....I use some imagination in the painting ,silver tape and use the Czech marking.
The sound of the Het fan is close to a real turbine with 4S and the speed is very scale and duration ~ about 6 minutes.@ the field somebody ask me if I have a gyro on ailerons? This is the reason I use only 30% travel .
For take of I like the Jepe dolly on short grass with full up elevator and full throttle..
As you can see in my blog I gently switch to landing gear Jet. I had to many accidents with the bungee . Ad list you can take of with wheels and land on the bely .
Jul 06, 2008, 07:41 AM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Thread OP
one more
Jul 09, 2008, 03:21 PM
Please either create a thread with details of "detailing" or post them here. I would love to know what you did to make the good old HET F-104 look so nice. Also can you post a high resolution closeup photos? pretty please
Jul 09, 2008, 03:25 PM
How did you get paint to stick over the gel coated fuselage? Which paint did you use and what process did you use to prep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidule
Thank you all for the compliments..was not expected..
The model WAS RED before, after few crashes due to pilot erreurs and misplace of the bungee hook. The plane was finally flying fine, I move the hook way in the front of the CG and I use 5125 digital Hitec servos with little travel and lot of exponential. Unfortunately the last flying day of 2007 , the bungee cord tangle my RX antenna and after a nice "vol plane" the plane impale itself in a bush.
During the winter I strip the covering and patch many holes ....I use some imagination in the painting ,silver tape and use the Czech marking.
The sound of the Het fan is close to a real turbine with 4S and the speed is very scale and duration ~ about 6 minutes.@ the field somebody ask me if I have a gyro on ailerons? This is the reason I use only 30% travel .
For take of I like the Jepe dolly on short grass with full up elevator and full throttle..
As you can see in my blog I gently switch to landing gear Jet. I had to many accidents with the bungee . Ad list you can take of with wheels and land on the bely .
Jul 10, 2008, 10:02 PM
Hi Flanker,
May be i will be able to give you suggestion regarding the military style paints.... On the pic below you see what i used on my F15- the primer is from Pep-Boys and the can paint is from Tamiya ... together they are really excelllent combo- the primer stick... like it should and the Tamiya paint complemets it nicely to create cammo... The primer dries extremly fast and it is very sandable.
Cheers,
Janusz
Jul 11, 2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks Janusz
Jul 11, 2008, 07:24 PM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Thread OP
I strip the paint with a orbit sander and paint with primer. Patch all the hole with bodyfiller and paint and sand again......
I use different can of paint from auto store+ airbrush for detail.I was inspired from an article ( Georges Leu)in Jet International magazine.You have to be artistic and follow mas or meno the scale lines.
I use metal tape.and bingo.
Jul 11, 2008, 07:54 PM
Hi Guys,
July Santa brought it to my door...it is the red one, from Turbo Fan Electric.... I am speachless - the finish is top class, not a wrinkle on thise tiny wings! Love it!!!
Really, this kit is flawless!!!
I just have to figure out how to make it flying ROG ...I really enjoy this part....
so first I have to stuff my HET F15 with HET retracts....
Cheers,
Janusz

Quick Reply