Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourdon
I think,

according to: http://www.motionking.com/Products/H..._0.9degree.htm

my motionking stepper (23HM6403) is rated: 2.5A

acording to: http://www.easy-cnc.com/web/download/Manual3Axis(NEW).pdf
page 1, max current is 2.5A per axis
page 4, vref is 2*desired current

so 5v isn't a crazy value for me, unless I miss something. But I could be mistaken
Teach me to try to answer something half asleep.

You are correct,

The manual says that to have 1.8a you would adjust the V-ref to 3.6 VDC on your voltmeter. I know I remember somewhere back in this or one of the other phlat threads that hector ( easy-cnc ) said not to exceed the 1.8a setting as it could damage the board if not the motors.

In my case, I have them set for 2.5 vdc on each axes and they seem to be running fine. That is very close to the setting ( arrow on V-ref set to stright up and pointing at the chips ) Mark called for in the setup video.
When I was adjusting them, you really had to bearly move the v-ref to get a major jump in volts. Took a few mins to get it dailed in.

Tony
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2008, 03:23 AM
If it flys,I can crash it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwok_Yu
Isn't the labeled setting 1.2V not Amps, so the orginal motors are running at 0.6A?
That I can't answer as I can no long see those labels to look. Still, it does not "sound" like thats correct because setting the V-ref to what mark called for will give you 2.5vdc on a voltmeter.

Tony
Dec 09, 2008, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptdragn
That I can't answer as I can no long see those labels to look. Still, it does not "sound" like thats correct because setting the V-ref to what mark called for will give you 2.5vdc on a voltmeter.

Tony
A few people have also burned up their motors, but with no conclusion as to why. The problem is there is no data sheet on the orginal motor. But having recently researched a few replacements, I wouldn't be surprised if this motor can't take more than 1 amp. For one thing the resistance seems high at 10 ohms. Also, from this post easy-cnc says max is 1.6V Vref, which means 0.8A max:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1684
Here is a pic of the label:
Dec 09, 2008, 04:43 PM
If it flys,I can crash it
I see what you are saying and it would appear that you are correct about the settings on the motors. I know on mine they have been set to 2.5 vdc since day one and they do not even get very warm. Either the motors or the heat sinks.

It may be that I got lucky or for whatever reason my motors are happy at that setting.

In any case, it has been my understanding that anyone that has been having problems seems to have had them addressed promptly by Mark. I know he did when I had my board problem.

Tony
Jan 10, 2009, 11:07 PM
-+- PhlatBoyz -+-
Thread OP
Thanks Tony. We do try to offer the best customer service that we can.
Jan 20, 2009, 11:07 AM
Dark Lord of the Sith
Ok, the wife won't let my get my own Phlatprinter, something about forgetting an anniversary...so:

I am looking for somebody who can cut me some foam for a few models, specifically the Dash-8 Q400 and Isreali Kfir or Mirage III....any takers?
Jan 21, 2009, 11:18 AM
There is no place like Hodges!
Just ordered my Phlat-Premium kit! Cant wait!
Jan 21, 2009, 01:38 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
Also, I will be using all differint size sheets of foam with mine. What do I need to do on the computer to set what size sheet I am using at the time?
Jan 21, 2009, 07:07 PM
To many projects
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge5foamy
Also, I will be using all differint size sheets of foam with mine. What do I need to do on the computer to set what size sheet I am using at the time?
The Phlatprinter sketchup plugin makes that real simple. Also check out the phlatforum, lot of great info and peeps
Feb 23, 2013, 04:54 PM
bucket of prop wash
Bump
Feb 23, 2013, 11:09 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Nice to see this thread get a bump. Still using the Iron Phlatprinter and have cut around a thousand kits since its start up.

Ken
Feb 24, 2013, 02:42 AM
bucket of prop wash
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Nice to see this thread get a bump. Still using the Iron Phlatprinter and have cut around a thousand kits since its start up.

Ken
I am looking to talk to some phlat printer owners about a part I want to make. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1838376
Feb 24, 2013, 11:03 AM
AKA Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb

Ken
How about posting some pictures of your machine and kits?
Jun 03, 2013, 05:58 PM
Hey guys. Will this cut through thin pieces of carbon fiber (for quad frames and such)?

Also, does phlatprinter ever run any sales? I have a specific number I won't go above and they are close, but not quite.
Jun 03, 2013, 08:29 PM
-+- PhlatBoyz -+-
Thread OP
Hello L0keman. The Phlatprinter was specially designed to cut sheets of foam. Carbon Fiber is a very hard material and is not an ideal cutting material.
Currently, we are in the process of redesigning the Phlatprinter using V-Slot which is an aluminum extrusion. We are then going to be releasing the Phlatprinter OpenSource so you can pick and choose what materials you want to include in your build. The total cost of the Aluminum Phlatprinter is yet to be determined because the design is not complete. We hope to have this done in time for the indoor cold months that will be upon us before we know it.
Thank you for your interest!

If you or anyone would like to be added to the waiting list, please contact us at phlatboyz@phlatboyz.com.

Thank you,
Mark and Trish Carew
Phlatboyz, LLC

Quick Reply