Jan 28, 2003, 03:40 AM
BEC
BEC
Thread OP

Small receivers weight comparison V2.0

I just posted a followup to my September photo comparison of several small receivers in the Radio forum here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...threadid=88830

Included are the Plantraco Rx/ESC, the Berg MicroStamp, and the Electron 6 along with familiar units from the prior thread.

The one from September is here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...threadid=62462
Last edited by BEC; Jan 28, 2003 at 07:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2003, 07:31 AM
Crash Master
The Platraco sure looks nice.... We'll see!
Jan 28, 2003, 06:45 PM
BEC,
Have you seen any poopie on the new Great Planes 5ch w/ a 30 amp ESC? Supposed to sell for around 60.00 and is narrow gated like the DSP. Tower is supposed to be selling them.

JT
Jan 28, 2003, 06:57 PM
BEC
BEC
Thread OP
Not any more than you have...... It's on my "things I'd like to get from Great Planes for one of my columns" list.
Jan 28, 2003, 07:15 PM
BEC,
Just checked with my LHS and for whatever reason they have the GP RX in stock. I'll pick it up tomorrow and post specs Thursday AM.

JT
Jan 28, 2003, 07:31 PM
Travelling into the future
DEPENDS,

Is that great planes dual conversion? If it is that's a great deal, if it isn't too heavy.
Jan 30, 2003, 11:34 AM

Great Planes RX/ESC

Sorry fellas, no banana. Went to LHS yesterday AM hoping to see some great new technology. Didn't. The new rx/esc is single conversion, although they claim better filtration and advertise a 890 ft maximum range. There are two versions. Low Band (11-35) and High Band (36-60) Bummer for those of us with Eclipse TX's with Spectra modules. The weight is 1.05 oz w/o crystal, which I guess isn't too bad given a 30 amp ESC, but way more than the Plantraco DSP4. Tower is selling the unit for 59.00 (crystal is extra). The unit will operate on either pos or neg shift, automatically detecting the appropriate TX signal. (It would really be interesting if two TX's on the same channel but different shift modes were on at the same time)

BEC,
Just for you. Tower is selling the same unit in high band, JR for 35.33.

For me, I can't get excited. I suppose if a modeler had a handful of cobalts laying around and needed the 30 amp ESC it would be a good buy, but most of the demand for high amperage ESC's is for brushless operation. This is a niche unit. Too narrow for general use, IMHO.

JT

Quick Reply