This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 01, 2008, 07:02 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

To retire or not to retire a model...

Problem: One of my little SPADs is sans a wing and has been for some time. I spent a lot of bread on some corrugated plastic, but the stuff I bought is too thick to fold over for a wing.

The plans for the "Derelict" .25 at www.spadtothebone.com call for a folded-over wing constructed of 2mm corrugated plastic.

Yet another problem: No sign manufacturer or plastics distributor in my area carries the stuff and it's pricey at best online, myabe too much so for a very old homemade combat plane with an out-of-production O.S. .25 pulling it around.

I don't know if the blog is the proper place to ask, but if someone has a sheet of this stuff laying around of sufficient area to build a new wing, would you be so kind as to shoot me a PM or an e-mail?

Thanks ahead of time.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2008, 10:38 PM
BUILDIN-FLYIN-CRASHIN-FUN
i have built a few wings with 4mm coro 48" span,and home depot yard stick as main spar,it folded quite well over a table table top with yard sticked clamped down to hold it, those wings were alittle heavy,but the best darn wing ever,you just can't bust it,and they flew great. i been going to start building a delta wing with this 4mm coro .i have built a few planes with depron,no where as stuff as coro. i going to test build a sumo 3d plane with blucor,i know coro is way tuffer. coro building is great but you have to figure the weight factor in on the power system.the 2mm coro is hard to find,i guess you must order online if you want it,but i like a larger power system anyways.

Quick Reply