Feb 19, 2009, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipe

I'm going to try and find a cheaper power supply at the electronics store or simply buy two with lower current capacity and connect them together...

I bought a power supply from the local computer guy. He had an old one in his back room that he let me have for $10. It's 12v 10a. I cut out the wiring harness and at first I was just hooking alligator clips to the bare wires, but that made me a little nervous.

I scavenged the house and found a retail case for an iPod Nano. With some tape, CA, and banana plugs I use use for my speakers, I have a nice little plastic piece that can't be shorted easily and I can clip my chargers right to it.

to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2009, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStyle
I was looking around, and my accucell 6 says that the storage voltage for a 3 cell lipo is 11.1v, but everyone has told me storage voltage for a 3 cell lipo should be 11.55, should I just leave them at full charge or do the storage feature on the turnigy accucell 6, 11.1v doesnt seem right

Full charge is 12.6v, not 11.1v.

For storage, the charger is actually putting the batteries at about 30% full.
Feb 19, 2009, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash331
Full charge is 12.6v, not 11.1v.

For storage, the charger is actually putting the batteries at about 30% full.
Storage is set to 50% or about 11.5 volts.
Feb 19, 2009, 03:16 AM
crash331: I had thought of that. Just dismissed it for some reason. I'll go on a scavenge hunt in the garage, failing that, one of my friends must have a spare old one.
Thanks!
Feb 19, 2009, 03:47 PM
I just ordered one of these chargers last week. A couple of questions. Does the charger stop when the batteries are fully charged, or do you have to manually stop it when it shows the correct voltage? Also what is the purpose of the charging timer?
Feb 19, 2009, 04:51 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Brehm
I just ordered one of these chargers last week. A couple of questions. Does the charger stop when the batteries are fully charged, or do you have to manually stop it when it shows the correct voltage? Also what is the purpose of the charging timer?
I only charge Lipos and yes it stops automatically when they are charged and I guess the timer is an additional saftey feature. Mine is set at the default 2 hours and I got close to that cut off with one pack that was way out of balance. Looking at the manual it does auto cutoffs for NiMh and NiCAD cells too.
Feb 19, 2009, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800
I only charge Lipos and yes it stops automatically when they are charged and I guess the timer is an additional saftey feature. Mine is set at the default 2 hours and I got close to that cut off with one pack that was way out of balance. Looking at the manual it does auto cutoffs for NiMh and NiCAD cells too.
Cool! Thanks ChrisJ800. I think it will be a good charger.
Feb 20, 2009, 10:39 AM
Got my new charger yesterday. I hooked up a 350mah Nimh battery to the charger. 7.2 volt battery. It charges great, but as I watched the voltage rise it seemed like it wasn't going to shut off. The voltage got up to 7.8 volts on the screen. So I shut it off. Shouldn't it of quit charging at 7.2 volts?
Feb 20, 2009, 12:02 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Quote:
Got my new charger yesterday. I hooked up a 350mah Nimh battery to the charger. 7.2 volt battery. It charges great, but as I watched the voltage rise it seemed like it wasn't going to shut off. The voltage got up to 7.8 volts on the screen. So I shut it off. Shouldn't it of quit charging at 7.2 volts?
Is that a 6 cell pack? If so, the nominal voltage is 7.2V (6 x 1.2v = 7.2v) and there is no usable capacity left at 1.2v/cell (fully discharged). Fully charged Nimh cells charge up to about 1.45v per cell, so a fully charged 6 cell pack should read approx. 8.7v.

Doubletap
Feb 20, 2009, 12:21 PM
Doubletap

Yes it is a 6 cell pack. So will the charger quit charging at 8.7 volts? Beep or something?
Feb 20, 2009, 12:45 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Quote:
Doubletap

Yes it is a 6 cell pack. So will the charger quit charging at 8.7 volts? Beep or something?
Charging will cease automatically (it will beep) relative to the capacity of the pack; this may be around 8.7v more or less based on the condition of the individual cells. Just set the desired charge rate for the pack and the charger will determine the rest.

Doubletap
Feb 20, 2009, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
Charging will cease automatically (it will beep) relative to the capacity of the pack; this may be around 8.7v more or less based on the condition of the individual cells. Just set the desired charge rate for the pack and the charger will determine the rest.

Doubletap
Great! Thanks Doubletap
Feb 20, 2009, 03:06 PM
F-OFF
as well as beeping once full charge has been reached it will also display "FULL" every few seconds in the top left corner of the screen.
Feb 21, 2009, 04:02 AM
Hallo all, first of all my english is very bad, I have a problem and perhaps you can help me. I buy 1 month ago a charger Imac b6 Ac, I have used it 3-4 times and now it donīt work well.

If I try to charge my (4s)14,8 V Li-Ion 4500 mA, I donīt have any problem, but when I try to charge my (1s) 3,7 V Li-Ion 1000 mA or 2500 ma, then in display I can read " battery check... over voltage ". This text always appear though the battery is full or empty

The charger damaged two of my batterys and I donīt have to do because I think perhaps it can damage more batterys.

Can someone help me ?
Feb 21, 2009, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyohero
as well as beeping once full charge has been reached it will also display "FULL" every few seconds in the top left corner of the screen.

quick note on this, the beeping can be deactivated in the settings (i am anti beeping...)

dms1 not sure nyone can help, this is for he turnigy accucel 6 charger.

Quick Reply