Aug 04, 2019, 09:06 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Rent
My new Accucell 6 charger has a dim display, both low contrast in its unlit state and low brightness in lit mode. Suggestions?
I have same problem. Older one reactivated for use.

I know thereís a way to Change Brightness but been years since I did it.

Anybody remember how??
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2019, 05:26 PM
Groundloop World Champion
Just an FYI.......
Recently bought an Accucell-6 80W from a USA online source. Shortly there after HK USA
got it in stock at ~ $8 cheaper.
Easy to use but it should not be called "Accucell". The individual cell voltages during charging
are anything but ! ! Definitely not accurate.

Made me crazy for a little while checking where the
out of balance was occurring. Used the balance charge option. At the end of charge one cell was
shown by the Accucell to be 3.60 V and the other 3.42 V (LiFe) I decided to use my AstroFlight
"Blinky" pack balancers to balance the pack. I plugged one Blinky in to the balance connector
and briefly the two Blinky LEDs light up indicating both cells were over 3.0 V and then went off
as they should. Then NOTHING HAPPENED ? One of the two LEDs should have started blinking,
indicating the Blinky was lowering the voltage on the higher voltage cell. OK so I tried two other Blinkys
and got the same result as the first. This confirmed to me the pack was balanced.

I have used AstroFlight "Blinky" balancers for years. I once used my Fluke to check just how accurate
my 4 Blinky balancers were and how much variation there was between the 4. These little guys are
excellent, within .06 V across all 4 of them checking a 3S Lipo.

I have seen others posts commenting about variations per cell shown by the Accucell.
I suppose the Accucell doesn't quite fully charge a pack when the final voltage is off a little from
one cell to the next. Pack is short a few coulombs. LOL

Old_dude

ps; I will try the Charge (no balance) and let the Blinky to the balancing.
Jun 22, 2020, 08:36 PM
Hello! I just purchased a six port charger with the red and black bullet connector that plugs into My Turnigy Accucell 6. One row of six is for 1s batteries and the second row is 2s.

For my (six) 1s 220mah batteries I set the Accucell to 3.7V (1s) and multiplied 220x6 and divided that by 1000 and all was well. It took just over half hour to charge all six batteries.

What is the formula for 2s batteries say... 330mah after I set it to (7.4 (2s) of course) — after multiplying 330 by however many batteries I have, what do I divide by? Is it still 1000?

Thanks!
Jun 23, 2020, 04:23 AM
Yes, it's the same math. It remains at 1000 to milliamp hours in ampere hours to calculate.
One amp hour corresponds to 1000 milliamp hours. 1Ah = 1000mAh.

Note: A 2s 330mAh battery has the same capacity as a 1s 330mAh battery. The charging current therefore remains the same. But because 2 cells are connected in series, the total voltage and thus the total energy is twice as high.
Jun 23, 2020, 09:17 AM
Thanks! Charging batteries is one area I donít want to make mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNFLY
Yes, it's the same math. It remains at 1000 to milliamp hours in ampere hours to calculate.
One amp hour corresponds to 1000 milliamp hours. 1Ah = 1000mAh.

Note: A 2s 330mAh battery has the same capacity as a 1s 330mAh battery. The charging current therefore remains the same. But because 2 cells are connected in series, the total voltage and thus the total energy is twice as high.

Quick Reply