Aug 01, 2008, 07:11 PM
Suspended Account
So is the conclusion for me Is I have bad 12v batteries.

One battery is in my Car. Thanks for the Help.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2008, 07:19 PM
Suspended Account
[QUOTE=reptileman]Hi there is a adjustment in the user settings you can change the voltage setting the lowest it goes down to is 10V try it see maybe yours is not set to 10V?[/QUOTE

Reptile I didnt see your post. I will try this.
Aug 01, 2008, 11:22 PM
kit
kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4fun
If it makes any difference I'm charging A123 2300Mah 4S Pack.
A 4s A123 pack would be about 14.4 volts.

The Accucel charger is limited to 50 watts charging.

50/14.4 = 3.47 amps would be the max current for charging it with the Accucel charger.
Aug 02, 2008, 01:45 AM
ferndale air force
Fly, If you can easily start your truck, I would not worry obout that battery. Normally the cigarette lighter assemblies are run on thin wire. Think 16 ga wire. Plenty of power for a phone, OK for a dvd player, but pulling above battery voltage is iffy. Try hooking your charger directly to the battery and see if it works.

Tim
Aug 02, 2008, 10:53 AM
Foam Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Fly, If you can easily start your truck, I would not worry obout that battery. Normally the cigarette lighter assemblies are run on thin wire. Think 16 ga wire. Plenty of power for a phone, OK for a dvd player, but pulling above battery voltage is iffy. Try hooking your charger directly to the battery and see if it works.

Tim

Yes it's true, i didn't noticed that he was trying to charge trough the cigarette outlet....
Aug 02, 2008, 01:57 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio_br
Yes it's true, i didn't noticed that he was trying to charge trough the cigarette outlet....
I tried through the Cig Lighter with the Car running without any problems.

I tried directly to a 12V Marine Battery and I get a low Voltage Error.

I tried Directly to a 12V Auto Battery and I get a low Voltage Error.

Just today at the flying field I tried a Friends Car battery direct connect and I didnt have any problems.

So this is telling me my 12V marine and 12V auto direct connect isn't up to Par.

Im trying charge A123 4s at 5 Amps even though I wont get that charge rate.

Thanks for the Help.
Aug 02, 2008, 10:27 PM
ferndale air force
Interesting note. My triton jr discharges faster, but is way off balance and is hot to the touch. The accusel gets a better discharge, and is quicker on the charge side. I may buy a second one and hold on to the triton jr for tx batteries.

Tim
Aug 03, 2008, 10:05 AM
Hi all
Does anybody force Mystery B6 (RED) charger work on XP or Vista with any software monitor?
I can`t find a USB driver.I use mini USB to USB (I don`t have RS232 port)
Sorry for bad english
Aug 03, 2008, 11:15 AM
Foam Crusher
Did anybody got this charger to connect to pc?? thrugh a homemade serial or USB cable?
Aug 03, 2008, 04:29 PM
What would you get if you connect it to a PC? It monitors the charge already with a display.
Aug 03, 2008, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot
What would you get if you connect it to a PC? It monitors the charge already with a display.
I can store battery data for all my batterys
Aug 03, 2008, 05:44 PM
nooobama
you want that in a $40 charger? good luck with that.
Aug 03, 2008, 06:08 PM
Why not,same software had iMax,GT Power and work well
Aug 03, 2008, 07:54 PM
nooobama
you can dream. none of those are at this price point are they? The more fetures you get you will pay more for them.
I used this charger to do all my charging this weekend. nicad's, nimh, lipos and a123's. No issues at all and I put some of the balanced finished packs through my e-staion 902 and some through my af109. everytime this charger balaced fully and charged fully. a steal for the money.
and you don't know if it the same software. they all copied the bantam chargers including this charger.
Aug 03, 2008, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by finishman2000
you can dream. none of those are at this price point are they? The more fetures you get you will pay more for them.
I used this charger to do all my charging this weekend. nicad's, nimh, lipos and a123's. No issues at all and I put some of the balanced finished packs through my e-staion 902 and some through my af109. everytime this charger balaced fully and charged fully. a steal for the money.
and you don't know if it the same software. they all copied the bantam chargers including this charger.
I tested it in NIMH mode on my 6 cell packs 3300GP even if i set the MV setting on 5MV it makes all my NIMH batteries get hot up to 130deg !!
Did you use auto mode?
where the cells you charging small like AA's?

Because all my C 6 cell packs i tried charging got way to hot actually heard a GP cell venting that's how hot it makes em get..... I could charge by temp probe but i don't bother I just use this for lipo ...I don't think it had to much thought put into it for charging NIMH....

Quick Reply