Sep 20, 2009, 09:53 AM
It seems hit and miss with the balancing. I don't use lipos, but some say the balance is very accurate, others have reported problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
This charger is OK but I found that even in balance mode it doesn't really balance a pack. I charged 4S 3500 pack with it. One cell was .1 volt below the others when measured with two of my FMA Cellpro 4S chargers. I put it on the Turnigy to charge (in balance mode) and it charges to FULL but the one cell only reached 4.11 volts. I had to put it back on my FMA Cellpro 4S charger to completely balance the pack and bring the tiring cell to 4.20 volts. So, you get what you pay for with chargers.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2009, 11:26 AM
Flying is Freedom
I checked and mine balances fine.
Great charger and it does Lead Acid batteries. Nice plus for those that have Lead Acid hobby batteries
Sep 20, 2009, 03:04 PM
Thats the thing I love about it. The price is great, but it charges ALL my batteries, from AA to tx battery to my pb field box battery. My car battery charger always charges my field box battery too fast, this thing is awesome. That makes me think, the only thing it won't charge are my car batteries!
Lucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnut
I checked and mine balances fine.
Great charger and it does Lead Acid batteries. Nice plus for those that have Lead Acid hobby batteries
Sep 20, 2009, 03:18 PM
Flying is Freedom
I read on RCU where a guy that did charge his car battery with it. Something about, heavy snow and the car battery was dead and he needed to get to the store. He charged his car battery with it and the battery charged.
If you look at the choices for PB battery Voltages you will see there is a choice for 12V. That means it will charge your car battery.
Sep 20, 2009, 03:25 PM
Well, You are right, but 5 amps in kinda slow, but that is pretty neat, you can charge your car battery with a charger that fits in your pocket!
Quote:
I read on RCU where a guy that did charge his car battery with it. Something about, heavy snow and the car battery was dead and he needed to get to the store. He charged his car battery with it and the battery charged.
If you look at the choices for PB battery Voltages you will see there is a choice for 12V. That means it will charge your car battery.
Sep 20, 2009, 05:40 PM
Hi
I also bought one Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 5A Balancer/Charger, one in April 2009!
A few weeks ago a problem appeared!
The problem is that in balance mode when charge/balance is completed it wont stop.
it will keep balancing the battery for ever unless I stop it!
I tried different batteries but no luck!
Any solution?
Thanks!
Sep 20, 2009, 05:42 PM
Flying is Freedom
The solution would be to report the problem to the people you bought it from. It does come with warranty.
I'm thinking about getting another one. Then I will be able to charge 3 batteries at at time.
Sep 20, 2009, 05:47 PM
You already have 2 chargers? Wow you must have a tonne of batteries!

Lucas
Quote:
The solution would be to report the problem to the people you bought it from. It does come with warranty.
I'm thinking about getting another one. Then I will be able to charge 3 batteries at at time.
Sep 21, 2009, 07:40 AM
Quote:
You can charge many lipo batteries in parallel with any charger. Here are some pics of the setup I use.

http://picasaweb.google.com/chadrebu...He4t2g_-_YiAE#

There is a very long thread here about this topic as well - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=932319

Chad
Sep 21, 2009, 07:45 AM
Flying is Freedom
Thanks, I have read and heard about it. But I have been too scared to try it.
I also find it very interesting that you are charging different mah batteries at the same time.
Sep 21, 2009, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabill13
Hi
I also bought one Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 5A Balancer/Charger, one in April 2009!
A few weeks ago a problem appeared!
The problem is that in balance mode when charge/balance is completed it wont stop.
it will keep balancing the battery for ever unless I stop it!
I tried different batteries but no luck!
Any solution?
Thanks!
Solution is to not use the Tunigy to balance. Buy a FMA Cellpro 4S.
Sep 21, 2009, 08:45 AM
Fly now crash later
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
Solution is to not use the Tunigy to balance. Buy a FMA Cellpro 4S.
I have both and have to disagree with that. the Turnigy Charger is defective in some way and you should stop using it immediately. send it back for repairs. I like my Cellpro, plug and play. no messing with settings, but the Accucel is great too and goes with me to the feild as it will do all my batties. The Cellpro is the older one that wont do NiMh's.
Sep 21, 2009, 09:08 AM
Flying is Freedom
OK, lets test the customer support ability of Common sense RC to go above and beyond. Some vendors will and some won't. Lets see what you say Bill.

I have a Common Sense RC 7.4V LiPo. 1250mah battery. It died after 30days of ownership. Never used. I charged and balanced it with my Team Checkpoint charger right when I received it. 30days later, I tried to use it and it was dead. I checked the voltage and it is 4.97V.
This is the part where I ask you to go above and beyond.
I bought this battery over a year ago. When the battery was first discovered it was dead, I was very busy with more important responsibilities that allow me to partake in this hobby and forgot about it. Then we went to China for a long vacation, when I got back work was backed up and to make a long story short I never tried to return the battery because I figured it was too late.
I'm willing to pay shipping both ways, as long as shipping doesn't cost as much as the battery did. Are you willing to help?
I have no proof of purchase other than it has your company name on it.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Sep 21, 2009, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Thanks, I have read and heard about it. But I have been too scared to try it.
I also find it very interesting that you are charging different mah batteries at the same time.
any size mah lipo batteries can be charged together as long as they have the same number of cells and similar voltage (i.e. 3.7 - 3.8). I suppose it can be intimidating to plug a bunch of batteries together, but it sure is convenient for charging.
Sep 21, 2009, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecrash
I have both and have to disagree with that. the Turnigy Charger is defective in some way and you should stop using it immediately. send it back for repairs. I like my Cellpro, plug and play. no messing with settings, but the Accucel is great too and goes with me to the feild as it will do all my batties. The Cellpro is the older one that wont do NiMh's.
The shame of the Turnigy is that is doesn't indicate a problem. You have to check balance with Cellpro 4S. My Turnigy is relegated to charging TX and receiver packs or simply lipo charging with finish balancing via Cellpro 4S. My Turnigy is a year old Hobby City doesn't warrant year old chargers unless that policy has changed. With Hobby City / Hobby King / United Hobbies sometimes you get a stinker. I have spent a couple of thousand dollars with them but I have had my share of DOA ESCs, $3.50 servos that won't center. I just live with it.

And don't get me started on the squealing fan that I have greased, lubed and then done it again and again. It still squeals on start up. There's a reason why it's only $40 plus shipping.

Quick Reply