New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by Solcat
P-61 WWII Night Fighter
Discussion

006400 Christen Eagle Electric Rc Airplane Receiver Ready Kit $89.99

# The Christen Eagle is one of the most recognized show airplanes in the world.
# This highly aerobatic scale biplane is accurately molded in EPS for light weight.
# The distinctive and colorful Christen Eagle color trim is applied at the factory.
# With the coupled ailerons, the Christen Eagle can snap roll in the blink of an eye and do the nicest inverted flat spins.
# Aerobatic performance is provided by a 110 Watt, brushless outrunner motor – installed.
# Power to the outrunner motor is provided by an 18 amp, brushless ESC with BEC – installed.
# The included 3S, 11.4 volt, 1800 mAh LiPo battery powers the Eagle for 10+ minutes of thrilling flying.
# All assembly hardware is included, rudder and elevator pushrods installed.
# Assembly is quick and easy…no gluing, simple screw together assembly

http://www.coxmodels.com/prodinfo.asp?number=006400
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2008, 02:57 PM
Find More Posts by Jim Petro
Excellent flyer! The motor was slightly out of balance so I pulled the magnet drum and balanced it on a prop balancer. Also balanced the prop. Beyond 50', it is now so quiet that you have no clue where the Eagle is if you take your eyes off it for a second. I sure wish Cox sold extra battery packs for it, but they don't. I wiped on a seal coat of a shiney acrylic floor polish (smells good). The wheels are too small for grass fields. Landings and take-offs on hard smooth areas are very good. It has a good stable hand launch if you use about 2/3s throttle. The aileron control wire joiner is fragile, so be careful during assembley. I do use a simple rigging line to stiffen the wings. You may need a little more tape to hold the canopy on. All this is tweaking that I enjoy when it has the results like this good looking, good flying airplane.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 09:47 PM
Find More Posts by tai626
Is it 'receiver ready' or 'radio ready'? Are the servos included?
thx,
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:33 PM
Find More Posts by BigTonE
R.I.P. Mom & Airshow Friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tai626
Is it 'receiver ready' or 'radio ready'? Are the servos included?
thx,
Think of it as a PNP with battery but, without servos or a ARF with BL motor, ESC and battery.

Radio System:
4-channel radio control system
with 3 micro servos and approximately 17 oz in torque, each.
Must be purchased separately.

Power System:
110-Watt Brushless outrunner motor installed.
18-amp sensorless electronic speed control with BEC installed.

Battery System:
3S, 11.1 volt, 1800mAh LiPo Battery included.
Charger needs to be purchased separately.
Last edited by BigTonE; Jun 28, 2008 at 10:39 PM.