Jan 26, 2003, 05:56 PM
Thread OP

2.4Kw ready to go.......up????

Dear sir,

So after the new ESC's arrived I designed a larger 1:9th scale X35b. Its now sitting on my workbench waiting for wings and charged cells. Nerves are the only thing stopping me (and the lack of wings, for looks you understand).

Oh and the time it takes to slow charge and cycling from new 3 packs of 16 x 1700mAh cells...............using only one charger.

But will it work? what should I do?

Yours on a knife edge

Doc Watson

www.awatson1.fsnet.co.uk
Last edited by Doc Watson; Jan 26, 2003 at 06:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2003, 06:02 PM
Nickel what?
will it work? I dont know, but I DO know that if it does, there will finally be proof that electrics CAN keep up with the glow guys!

can't wait to hear the results!
Jan 26, 2003, 06:49 PM
Doc,
You'll be fine, really. Lets see ya do it then lad.
Steve
Jan 27, 2003, 12:05 PM
Electriaddict
Go doc go! and remember to put away anything that isn't nailed down before advancing the stick
Jan 27, 2003, 12:12 PM
Build'em and Crash'em
Doc,

Sounds great , keep up the good work.

That control loop stuff can be tricky. I worked on a water tunnel once where they spent 1 year to determine the feedback rate needed on the valve control. Of couse guess who got the job to build and test the thing. Well I built it, hooked it up and turned it on. The water started moving, the valve moved, water changed speed a little, valve moved even more ..... Next thing I know the valve is slamming from one end to the other trying to control the water flow. I shut it down as fast as I could. We changed a few settings for the gain and offest and still the thing goes into oscillation.
So I broke out the books to figure out what is going on and low and behold I find out that the first guys never took into account the inertia of the water. DUH. If they had they would have figured out that feedback control of this thing could not work no matter what ya did.

So keep at it, make small changes and test every step of the way. You are getting closer each time. And thanks for sharing so the rest of us can learn from you efforts

Ken
Jan 27, 2003, 12:12 PM
Chin up lad!
I thought you were going to use a teaterd power supply for the first test or are you past that point already? Hmmmmmm?
Jan 28, 2003, 08:07 AM
Thread OP
I will probably use my hand to hold it!!!!!

thats where the nerves fail. Have you heard 3 620's at full bore? scary.

Doc
Jan 28, 2003, 09:16 AM
Takka-Takka-Takka
You'll need both hands on the sticks Doc!

Go for it and good luck.

Brian

Don't forget to video the maiden flight.
Feb 07, 2003, 09:46 AM

Any Update

Any update Doc?

Quick Reply