Central Alabama scale ship and submarine club - RC Groups
Jun 25, 2008, 11:10 PM
jim
Discussion

Central Alabama scale ship and submarine club

Due to the building interest in Alabama and the lack of a submarine and scale ship club in central Alabama this is a call out to anyone in the central Alabama areas that maybe interested in forming a club to contact me here or email me at spongjim5@yahoo.com
I have been contacted by a few of you and all the response so far are great. This post will be posted in other sites try to pull in more Al. members.

Jim Henson
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2008, 01:39 AM
Central Alabama RCShips, Sails
You may also contact me as well here or at:

WingRider05

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jared Smith
Jun 26, 2008, 03:54 AM
Shanghai'd Expat
Jim,

If I still lived in Pensacola, I'd be happy to join in on the fun!

Chuck
Jun 26, 2008, 06:45 PM
Old wreck in Milwaukee
Guys,

Added a news item to our news page, for what its worth.

Bill

http://wiscaleboat.org/news.htm
Jun 26, 2008, 09:39 PM
jim
Wow . Thank you Bill for all the help. I had a couple emails today from some interested future members and things are looking great so far. Chuck you can have a long distance membership from one sub pirate to another.

Here is a couple pictures to get things going .

Jim H.
Jun 26, 2008, 11:03 PM
Old wreck in Milwaukee
There are submarines, and then there are targets.
Jun 26, 2008, 11:40 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Thanks Jim! Let me know what your virtual membership & club meeting requirements are like TF72 has me follow.

I'll be sure to be sitting at the bar at our local HOOters having a beer when you guys have your monthly meet!

Ummm targets, me like! Have to get on my Gato once the ironclads are done... and Yamato and S-boat...

Chuck
Last edited by herrmill; Jun 26, 2008 at 11:45 PM.
Jun 27, 2008, 09:55 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Hey Jim...your doing the right things with this...it won't be long till your up and running!

Keep in mind that y'all are invited to come on down to our neck of the woods and show off your toys anytime. We would love to have ya! Who knows...maybe my tug will show with a depth charge rack!

Capt. Crash

PS...Here is a link to the free site I use. I will be sure to get the word out about your new club...and when you get a site up, send me a link to post at our site to help advertise for ya.

http://www.orgsites.com/
Jun 29, 2008, 10:28 PM
bump
Jul 16, 2008, 11:13 PM
jim
Wingrider give me a call when you get a chance. Website is up and I am trying to get everything together for it . I need a list of all who are interested in trying to get this club off the ground. I guess a meet and greet should be planned soon for all us to get together.

Jim

Central Alabama R/C ships and submarines.
Jul 20, 2008, 11:28 PM
jim
Ok Guys ,club is looking better and a meet and greet is being worked on right now. If we could lets try to get a head count of interested members emailed to wingrider or me so we can contact you guys when we get a date for meeting. Capt. Crash thanks for the invite , I will have to break out the sailboat and bring some subs down soon. Let me know when you have a fun run again.

Jim
Jul 21, 2008, 08:38 PM
Good news All,
The Central Alabama R/C Ship & Sub Club will have it's first meeting on August 9th, 2008 at HobbyTown USA, located in the Colonial Promenade of Trussville (next to Wal-Mart) at 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. We look forward to you attending the meeting. If you can, bring a current project along with you. This will be a meet & greet type of meeting to see which direction we wish to go.

Flyers will be out this week in the Birmingham area announcing the meeting. Feel free to contact others and give them my contact info if needed. Look forward to seeing you there!

Jared Smith
Jul 21, 2008, 09:21 PM
jim
Here is the website for those interested . I am still working on the site but there is some information about the club and other sites to visit. Please be nice it is my first website and I am learning .

http://www.orgsites.com/al/centralal...nes/index.html

Jim
Jul 21, 2008, 09:41 PM
Jim,

The web site looks great, have you noticed the number of visitors it's had so far? Great job!

Jared
Jul 21, 2008, 10:13 PM
jim
Forum is added to website now. Check it out .