Aug 02, 2001, 08:53 PM
Thread OP

looking for more time in zagi 400

I have a zagi 400 (not x). It's a great plane, fun to mess with. THe problem is that sometimes the flights just seem to short, five or so minutes. I was wondering if batteries for my version zagi are available that would give it the same amount of power in the stock motor, but longer lasting and not much more weight. Or would it be easier to just convert to the x?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2001, 10:39 PM
I'm not an expert here, but I'd say convert to the X. The 1700 mah battery that comes with the X lasts me waaay long. Granted I'm just getting started, but I have to land the plane before the battery runs out because I'm just too jittery with excitement.
Aug 02, 2001, 11:41 PM
Thread OP
I should probably do that. THanks
Aug 03, 2001, 05:55 AM
Converting to an X is by far the easiest way to go. The kit is $55 from Trick and includes the $45 battery.
You will tripple your flight times!

Aug 03, 2001, 07:27 AM
small electrics r BIG FUN
Another option would be to purchase an 8 cell pack of 1400AE cells for 30 dollars at
http://www.eflightpacks.com/

This is what comes with the X version I hear.
Fits in your battery tray, a bit more power and lots more duration. Heavier too.

This package doesn't supply a spar for wing strength.
Aug 03, 2001, 07:38 AM
I have a 400, not the x. Bought the 1400 AE pack from www.eflightpacks.com and it was the best investment I've made for my Zagi yet. My average flight time on that pack is 15 minutes at just over 1/2 throttle the whole time (besides takeoff). I do have to tape it down and fly with the canopy off, but I don't do tricks with that pack anyway. Whatever you decide to do, you'll really appreciate those long flight times. Have fun and good flying!

-Ninjak2k
Aug 03, 2001, 08:07 AM
AMA 697691 / FAA 13675
After I mastered my first Zagi 400, my biggest complaint was short flight time. I bought the 400X conversion pack from Trick RC and loved it!

Good luck!
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Aug 03, 2001, 02:49 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys
Aug 03, 2001, 07:52 PM
Radio Shack sells an eight cell 1600 mah NIMH pack ($25) that works great on a zagi 400. It's a flat pack that you have to convert to a square pack. I fly without the canopy - Put a piece of packing tape across the battery pack.

Aug 03, 2001, 09:50 PM
I'll have to agree on the 1400AE packs. Bought 2 from Trick and carved a foam pocket in my plain 400. I also ordered the X canopy for 5.00, slow charged the packs and went flying. Never did completely run them down to the BEC disconnect, it just wore me out and I had to land before I became stupid. WORTH every effort and penny it took to get it there. I now truly have the equivalent of a slimer in performance and endurance. My suggestion...do it! jb
Aug 04, 2001, 09:42 AM
You might consider a Soarstar gearbox and an 8x6 prop. Do a search on zagi gearbox to hear how flight times and climb rate increase.

Quick Reply