New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2008, 11:27 AM
Find More Posts by Rusty-Gunn
My plans are in my blog
Discussion

Judi, Jay-Jay and Jimi Jetstream

Here are some pics of a new pusher jet I designed. As a chuck glider, she flies better then I do, with no weight added. She was balanced where the cg calculator says it should be (I found it in the Flying Wings threads.)
I'll add the r/c gear, and let her loose. If it works well, then I'll post plans at www.rcscratchbuilders.com, and add a link.

Edit: My Hyperflow EDF arrived today, and I'm messing with a set of plans for a simular version using this system, so I've declared it "Jay-Jay Jetstream". He'll have an open cockpit, too, but will be a bit more slender, with inlets on the sides, maybe two tails on the wings. Plans are being drawn up, so lets hope he'll fly too, eh? Once I finish the plans I'll build a prototype.
Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; Sep 10, 2008 at 03:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2008, 11:31 AM
Find More Posts by Hopalong X
Geaux Saints
Nice look and full fuse for the gear.
Excellent.
Mike
Old Jun 23, 2008, 11:32 AM
Find More Posts by Hughbert
Planes are cool ;)
Rusty you just keep turning out these great looking planes! Wish I could keep up

Nice looking bird, be interesting to see how she flies. Is it just going to be elevon or rudder as well?

Good work!
Hugh
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:21 PM
My plans are in my blog
Thanks for the nice comments. She'll fly with elevons. Adding rudder control would only confuse the situation.
I got all radio gear added now, ready for the maiden flight, soon as the weather seems nice enough to let her fly about for a while.
I've got to re-do the plans, as I made some goofs, and a few resulting changes. Should be easy though. A successful flight will tell if I did a decent enough job of it to begin with.
I sort of wonder how she'll fly using two EDFs mounted to her sides "A-10 style"? I've only got one Hyperflow on order, so will have to wait for another day (or if someone elses does it first).
Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; Jun 23, 2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:41 PM
Find More Posts by ChrisFP
But rudders are awsome when avoiding trees!
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:47 PM
My plans are in my blog
Whats a tree? We only got r/c plane-eating snowbanks! We're all melted up here - no snowbanks til winter, too.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by laserman
In Rc for a LONG TIME FFAA#1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn
Whats a tree? We only got r/c plane-eating snowbanks! We're all melted up here - no snowbanks til winter, too.

rusty heres a example of a TREE http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/TheLarch.gif
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by laserman
In Rc for a LONG TIME FFAA#1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn
Thanks for the nice comments. She'll fly with elevons. Adding rudder control would only confuse the situation.
I got all radio gear added now, ready for the maiden flight, soon as the weather seems nice enough to let her fly about for a while.
I've got to re-do the plans, as I made some goofs, and a few resulting changes. Should be easy though. A successful flight will tell if I did a decent enough job of it to begin with.
I sort of wonder how she'll fly using two EDFs mounted to her sides "A-10 style"? I've only got one Hyperflow on order, so will have to wait for another day (or if someone elses does it first).
get those plans ready, i have a pair of edfs that would work wonderfull on this
Old Jun 23, 2008, 02:42 PM
Find More Posts by Hughbert
Planes are cool ;)
Rust take a look at my avatar to see what a tree is, and why you should avoid them

I was thinking the same as you, rudder would make it too complicated Will have to see what gear I can maybe dig out...

Hugh
Old Jun 23, 2008, 03:40 PM
My plans are in my blog
A tree? Never heard of it, never seen one. Once, there was one by itself near the old Airforce base a few miles away from here, and it had a sign that read "Kotzebue National Forest".
Laserman... I'd love to see this one fly using a pair of EDFs, too.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 04:37 PM
Find More Posts by Klatoo
Hi Rusty,

I like your designs and your way of painting the birds. Look forward for the plans, got a few hungry trees over here
Old Jun 23, 2008, 06:11 PM
My plans are in my blog
My mom said I'd amount to something someday, but a designer of tree-feeding planes is not what she must have had in mind.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 06:28 PM
Find More Posts by Boxhead
Look outside the Square
I luv it Don . Looks terriffic. Looking forward to the maiden report. Watched a show on Bears last night and thought of you. Polar Bears, and their was not a tree to be found. Even they where shivvvvvering. Brrrrrr

B x
Old Jun 23, 2008, 08:20 PM
My plans are in my blog
Kev, kind of windy today, will have to wait a bit. I have yet to maiden the EDF50 Zephyr Cat, along with another. My builds are piling up.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:13 AM
Find More Posts by jkarnacki
Rusty, new version of the fireball? Hope this one works out better for ya...

And remember, no swearing in the presence of the Miss!

- Jeff