Jun 14, 2008, 08:00 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Atlantic Tug Vs South hampton vs new york fire tug

so I've kinda wondered about what the general concensus is between these three RTR tugs

for out of the box and once you start bashing

as far as I can tell there are very comparable cost, size.....

the South hampton has twin fixed Kort props with geared engines "stock"

the New York Fire has working monitors and steering Kort Nozzle

the atlantic seems to be the biggest of the bunch for the bashers and upgraders

so what are peoples thoughts.. where do each accel and where do they fall on their face?

(yeah sorry I changed it to the three!)
Last edited by Reckless; Jun 14, 2008 at 08:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2008, 08:13 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
We have both in our club...the Atlantic is a good deal larger and gives you room to bash and add a lot of stuff (servos, sound, pumps ...etc) below deck without worrying about weight or room to place it...the SH is just too small to do much anything with. The SH is fine if your NOT going to use it to things like setting and retrieving buoys and large ship rescues. You will need to upgrade both tugs to do these duties but the Atlantic is better suited to the tasks.

Capt. Crash
Jun 14, 2008, 08:14 PM
Thats a tough question. I own both of them and I myself like the South Hampton tug better because it seems like it has better detail and everything is closer to scale. Like you mentioned the kort nozzels are there which I like the look of better. The Atlantic harbor is made of fiberglass where as the S.H. is plastic. The Atlantic is also direct drive which is quieter than the gear driven S.H.. The details on the Atlantic are not all to scale but over all it doesn't look too bad. I suppose it depends on what I person is going to do with the boat in order to decide if one is "better" than the other. I think for the money you can't go wrong with either especially if you wanted to and had the ability to alter the appearance or drive line of either if you didn't like the way it was set up. Overall, decent boats for the money, my two cents worth.
Jun 14, 2008, 08:33 PM
no wings any more, just dust!
well I have the southampton, and it is twin screw, once given independent control of the motors, it can spin on a dime!

it also has a WATERPROOF stern hatch and a WATERPROOF hatch under the superstructure, how do I know this, I found out when I rolled her over!

a barge 6ft long, 12" wide is within the capabilities of the southampton as well!
Jun 14, 2008, 08:34 PM
Thread OP
okay just for fun! .. I changed it to the three of the most popular RTR tugs... I added the New york Fire tug.

lets see if we can get one thread for all those peoples that wanna jump in with an upgradeable RTR tug.
Jun 14, 2008, 11:32 PM
Taking care of the pond.
Get the Atlantic Tug and mod the he!! out of it.
My mods.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=867425

Toms mods
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=876620
Jun 14, 2008, 11:38 PM
If I were in the market for an RTR tug, I would go Southampton
Jun 15, 2008, 12:13 AM
Thread OP
heh personally I've got 2 tugs and a barge (and countless other little projects) that I have to finish first... but I was thinking about one of the 3 to bash after I'm in the position to start a new project...

but just seeing all the different bashs and such I thought I would pose this question.. and ofcourse as mentioned above to help any others that might be thinking the same question of which one
Jun 15, 2008, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerominded
If I were in the market for an RTR tug, I would go Southampton
is that cos you seen my upgrade here on rcg eh eh eh ?
Jun 15, 2008, 07:01 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Want some research? There are probably at least 50 pages of Atlantic mods here and below is a link to the thread started by MILLERTIME that lists most of them.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870343

Capt. Crash
Jun 15, 2008, 08:30 AM
Can all of these be put together and sent over to the reviews and build ''sticky''?????? If they can it would be that much easier to research the theme.
Jun 15, 2008, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie eaton
Can all of these be put together and sent over to the reviews and build ''sticky''?????? If they can it would be that much easier to research the theme.

*reported to moderation team with said request.

Charlie they did it when I wanted the wiring diagrams done.
Jun 15, 2008, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost 2501
*reported to moderation team with said request.

Charlie they did it when I wanted the wiring diagrams done.
That would be great,with so many threads on the same theme, i.e. the Atlantic tug it needs to be and your wiring theme is fantastic. Subjects like that shouldn't get lost in back pages.
Jun 15, 2008, 11:03 AM
Thread OP
that was kinda my idea ... see the views and reviews and opinions on all three.. and if the thread works.. I was gonna see if it could be stickied. I've read all the Atlantic mod threads... but I never really saw that much for the other two and I knew I can't be the only one thinking on a decision between the three

thanks for the request to the mods Ghost
Jun 15, 2008, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless
that was kinda my idea ... see the views and reviews and opinions on all three.. and if the thread works.. I was gonna see if it could be stickied. I've read all the Atlantic mod threads... but I never really saw that much for the other two and I knew I can't be the only one thinking on a decision between the three

thanks for the request to the mods Ghost
I used *report to moderator* that took me to a new page,
options from review this thread to remove due to offensive content,
clicked on "review" then asked them to make a sticky

Quick Reply