New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SPasierb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 06:24 PM
Find More Posts by SPasierb
Team JR Air
Gallery

Time for some new Alfas

I've been flying and beating my Alfa Corsair for many years now. I decided after its last case of sudden deacceleration syndrome it would look better at the bottom of a garbage can -- it gave me years of fun and owed me absolutely nothing. I've had two Alfa kits gathering dust in my basement for many years -- the plain blue F4U Corsair and the Lavochkin La7.

You have to love the fast build and satisfying results these Alfa's offer. Here are a few quick shots of each.

The Corsair is straight-forward. MP Jet 28/7-35D blue outrunner motor, Jeti 18 controller, GWS 9x5x3 prop, two HS55 servos, flying 3S 1250 Mah Lipo. I had this exact set-up in the old Corsair and it flew fantastic. The GWS prop is okay in the performance department and great from a looks standpoint. It creates a nice yellow arc in flight. For all around performace at lower amps, an APC two-blade is the better choice.

The La7 (last of the flying grand pianos) was a good occasion to play with water-based markers and some silver on the cowl to oil-stain and distress the airframe a bit. This is also on the MP Jet 28/7-35D blue outrunner, HXT 18A controller, two HS55 servos, APC 9x6 SF prop, 3S 1250 Mah LiPo.

If you are fond of the Alfa offerings or interested in learning more, I highly recommend this thread by Stuart Wayne: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=765240

Enjoy!
Last edited by SPasierb; Jun 17, 2008 at 10:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts