Jan 24, 2003, 04:55 AM
Thread OP

cuting down on pic blades

I saw a website saying that it helps to trim the trailing edge down but i cant find it again.how much should i take off.im runing a pic pro but changed to fixed pitch so its got plenty of power.or is it worth just getin the hornet blades?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2003, 06:25 AM
2 MANY TOYS :-)
Try a search here............http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/ubbth...at=&Board=UBB1

Cheerio - Boyd
Jan 24, 2003, 10:03 AM
Registered Lifeform
The "standard" cut is 8mm at the root, 3mm at the tip. It's a nice improvement if your Pic has plenty of power. Don't do it if your power system is marginal. Be sure to balance carefully after doing the cut.

My blades have the standard chord cut and are also cut 10mm shorter. This really gets the head speed way up there.

I've noticed a lot of people praising the FP Hornet blades for the FP Pic lately- that does sound very tempting....

Paul
Jan 25, 2003, 04:12 PM
Addicted to Feigao...
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Willenborg
It's a nice improvement if your Pic has plenty of power. Don't do it if your power system is marginal.
Dito on that.
My pic had marginal power before I cut them, and now I can't even run my 720Nimh's anymore (even with the 10 tooth pinion).
I'm stuck to just Lions and Lipo's, but that's a better solution anyway.

Nevertheless, this was a good stability improvement, very noticable.

-Kid
Jan 25, 2003, 05:22 PM
Should get a life
Kidknight

Read this thread and you'll be able to fly with your 720's again.

Extra lift from cut blades
Jan 25, 2003, 09:04 PM
obiewan

Trimming Piccolo blades

Go to Paul Goelz site at www.pgoelz.com for a good discussion of modifying blades and some other good stuff. Paul is known in our flying area as Piccolo Paul. Good guy!

Quick Reply