Amateur Ds Junkies - Page 76 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jul 01, 2010, 01:22 AM
Posse Member
Eddie.C's Avatar
subscribed
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2010, 12:23 PM
2 Build or not 2 build???
jrbike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle815
subscribed
Now that's big news.
Jul 01, 2010, 12:50 PM
Is it DS'able?
wr_mizzard's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle815
subscribed
Just because your friends are all jumping off cliffs doesn't mean you have to too Eddie... Nooooooooo, don't do it Eddie! Don't be tempted by the darkside.

-James
Hardcore DS junkie
Jul 01, 2010, 02:04 PM
Slope Stud
ORANATOR's Avatar
Friends don't let friend DS!!

Oranator
Jul 01, 2010, 02:12 PM
Posse Member
Eddie.C's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wr_mizzard
Just because your friends are all jumping off cliffs doesn't mean you have to too Eddie... Nooooooooo, don't do it Eddie! Don't be tempted by the darkside.

-James
Hardcore DS junkie
Eh. As much crashing I do with F3F and MOM I figure I might as well do it right and crash doing something where it is expected every so often.

Eddie
Jul 01, 2010, 02:28 PM
Registered User
Mark Canfield's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle815
Eh. As much crashing I do with F3F and MOM I figure I might as well do it right and crash doing something where it is expected every so often.

Eddie
Yeah, and they make a really cool noise when they go in hard
Jul 01, 2010, 08:07 PM
Registered User
rockbus's Avatar
Come on Eddie, "Eddie Would Go".

Oran DSed last summer and that shocked the slope world.

Fly Foam till you get the hang of it.
Jul 01, 2010, 08:13 PM
2 Build or not 2 build???
jrbike's Avatar

Cool?


Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeGlide
Yeah, and they make a really cool noise when they go in hard
Cool is very subjective.
Jul 01, 2010, 11:04 PM
Posse Member
Eddie.C's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus
Come on Eddie, "Eddie Would Go".

Oran DSed last summer and that shocked the slope world.

Fly Foam till you get the hang of it.

I'm up for it. Glass and foam. Gotta learn somehow.
Jul 02, 2010, 01:15 AM
Registered User
quadshot's Avatar
Hey James, yeah just haven't been flying much lately. Surf and golf around working to much. Plus BH hasn't been working for me, but hopefully it is going to start. Ray sorry to hear about your lost plane. I am up for any day this weekend. Sounds like Ray has a Saturday preference. What does everyone think? Even if the wind is not great, hanging with the bros and beers sounds fun.

Chris
Jul 02, 2010, 03:17 AM
Registered User
rockbus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadshot
Hey James, yeah just haven't been flying much lately. Surf and golf around working to much. Plus BH hasn't been working for me, but hopefully it is going to start. Ray sorry to hear about your lost plane. I am up for any day this weekend. Sounds like Ray has a Saturday preference. What does everyone think? Even if the wind is not great, hanging with the bros and beers sounds fun.

Chris
Saturday is out for me, we're going to the fair. I wanted to go Sunday to the Fair but my wife's family has some other plans on Sunday.

I've got a Drs appointment Tuesday PM so after that I plan to fly BH.
Jul 02, 2010, 10:44 AM
Is it DS'able?
wr_mizzard's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus
Saturday is out for me, we're going to the fair. I wanted to go Sunday to the Fair but my wife's family has some other plans on Sunday.

I've got a Drs appointment Tuesday PM so after that I plan to fly BH.
What about Monday?

-James
Jul 02, 2010, 12:29 PM
Registered User
rockbus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle815
I'm up for it. Glass and foam. Gotta learn somehow.
Eddie,

James M and Alex has nice vids of DSing at Blossom. Have one of them show you next time.

James Monday is out for me. This year has been bad for flying for me. I'm lucky to get couple hours free to do my stuff. I even bought a DLG thinking I'd get some time flying that but I have'nt even learned to DL it yet.
Jul 02, 2010, 01:48 PM
2 Build or not 2 build???
jrbike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus
Eddie,

James M and Alex has nice vids of DSing at Blossom. Have one of them show you next time.

James Monday is out for me. This year has been bad for flying for me. I'm lucky to get couple hours free to do my stuff. I even bought a DLG thinking I'd get some time flying that but I have'nt even learned to DL it yet.
Ray,

I have a DLG that I still haven't flown. Maybe we should hit up FreeGlide for a groups discount on teaching us to DLG???

Jim
Jul 04, 2010, 01:13 AM
Registered User
57sailplane's Avatar
hey, guys


new to dsing and i am hooked.

i have a jw60 that i have been flying the heck out of. am still learning and learned a lot today. been doing figure 8s lately flying the whole hill not just circles.

my question. i really want a foam plane to ds not a wing. i have the jw as the plank. i was looking at the P51D or the U2 dragon lady on this site.

http://www.californiasailplanes.com/

or this plane..

http://www.leadingedgegliders.com/ep...pp_Tsunami.php

not sure which one would be the best for dsing.. like i said i want a plane that is a little more stable then my jw60..

my jw weighs 60 oz. and the place i am flying at could even handle more weight and i live in Nebraska go figure.

i found a heck of a hill or should i say a Dyke..

let me know what you guys think..

later Andrew K.
Last edited by 57sailplane; Jul 04, 2010 at 01:18 AM.