Jun 08, 2008, 09:55 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Show us your FPV / RVP ground Base set up in action

Show us your FPV / RVP ground Base set up in action. Don't know if this has been done yet. But it would be nice to see different photos of ways everyone sets up their ground base equipment to fly their Aircraft.

Thanks for any info on this.

Trackercal
to remove ads between posts
Jun 08, 2008, 10:44 PM
Here's my older setup when I first started out. GPS Tracking, 2.4ghz downlink. On screen Monitor plus Video Goggles..

The other one is a quick setup I did for my 900mhz rig. I've since changed it a bit after the 'accident'.
Oct 04, 2008, 03:02 PM
My new base:

Case: Pelican 1550
Display: 7" Farenheit T-7000MHR with 450cd/m2
Googles: z800
Vga converter: Gadmei TV5821G ( better quality than the old 3300 ). No blue screen
Recorder: Sony MC1 DVD
Battery: 12V 7A lead in the case, under the control panel

Note: photos taken with my movile
Oct 04, 2008, 04:03 PM
My setup is very simple. Everything fits in the plastic container (radio, goggles, tools, diversity, receivers, antennas). 100 foot extension cord attaches to the car battery to power my ground equipment. The antennas just hang over the side of the container and sit on the ground.
Oct 04, 2008, 04:24 PM
Hi all,

Here's my base station, comprising:-
2.4ghz 9dBi omni with integral receiver in the home made base stand.
8" LCD monitor and an Archos 605 for recording.
There's a video hub hidden in the case which takes the signal from the receiver and buffers it to the 8" LCD and Archos.......I found that too much loading on the video signal deteriorates the signal.
All powered from a 12v 17AH "car start" batter unit.
The alloy case has a portable shroud to keep the sun out.

I also have a helmet/goggles setup which comprises a head movement sensor, 640*480 goggles and an integral receiver hidden in the lining of the helmet and connects to a 9dBi omni antenna poking out through a hole in the top of the helmet.
It's all wireless apart from the line to the trainer conn of my radio (for pan/tilt).

Last edited by IanJ; Oct 04, 2008 at 04:59 PM.
Oct 04, 2008, 06:28 PM
are you guys powering your goggles from the lithium cell that came with them or are you using a larger power supply system to run everything?
Oct 04, 2008, 07:13 PM
I run mine on a set of lipos running through an anyvolt micro. my HDV camera runs on the same AVM through a second cable. (both run on 5v)
Oct 05, 2008, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio00
My new base:

Case: Pelican 1550
Display: 7" Farenheit T-7000MHR with 450cd/m2
Googles: z800
Vga converter: Gadmei TV5821G ( better quality than the old 3300 ). No blue screen
Recorder: Sony MC1 DVD
Battery: 12V 7A lead in the case, under the control panel

Note: photos taken with my movile

waww nice converter Sergio
Oct 05, 2008, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinONE
are you guys powering your goggles from the lithium cell that came with them or are you using a larger power supply system to run everything?
I have thrown away the battery unit that came with them and run via a lipo on the side of the helmet that also powers the receiver. No more fiddling for the power switch etc etc.

Ian.
Mar 20, 2009, 06:25 AM
Suspended Account
Nice i just redid my ground station a few days ago and will post soon. All i need now is one large battery like yours instead of a whole bunch individually powering everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfe7
This is my latest creation. I spent almost a year thinking and planning before I ended up with this kind of coarse made plywood box. Everything made with KISS in mind.
I also made a 4 meter extension cable for the goggles so that I can locate the box (and receivers) where I get the best reception.
Mar 20, 2009, 06:44 PM

FPV Camera Backpack Portable Ground Station

Here are a few pictures of my portable FPV ground station. I bought an inexpensive camera backpack off of ebay and converted it into what you see here. I also use a small storm case (bought off ebay too) to carry around a few of the other items I need.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 08:31 PM
Defacto
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while Defacto edits it.
Mar 20, 2009, 11:43 PM
Tree Flyer
You already got an answer no need to ask the same question all over the forum.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&page=4&pp=50

Tek
Mar 21, 2009, 12:52 AM
Suspended Account
Here's what I usually bring to the field:

- alu tripod to mount the tracking antenna
- camcorder for recording
- ImmersionRC Duo 2400 diversity receiver
- Diversity 11dBi 2.4GHz antenna on pan/tilt mount
- Futaba FF10 with EzUHF transceiver
- Two sets of FatShark goggles

All of that fits inside a medium sized duffle bag, besides the tripod, and hence is pretty easy to carry around.

Cheers,

Sander.

Quick Reply