AP-stick
really nice shots... again...this was our favorite park,
spent 1 entire week there at its campground

no problem with park ranger about AP ?

my favorite arch at that park was this one, 8 miles trails to get there
http://ggtronic.dyndns.org/~ggtronic/canyon/066.jpg
i dont remember its name ?
Jun 01, 2008, 09:40 PM
More great shots. Haven't been there yet so appreciate the perspective.
Jun 01, 2008, 09:51 PM
Wow! Such beautiful pictures. Hard to imagine, I'm 62 and have never seen these sights you're filming. It's like I'm taking a vacation with you! Thanks so much for sharing!
Jun 02, 2008, 12:26 AM
You are my hero! You are doing what I wished I could do when I started RCAP! Have you done any flying in Yosemite? If not are you planning to?
These are great BTW. I love the shots with the people in these. Not only does it give a good perspective, but its also kind of amusing for some reason.
I say keep 'em coming, but I know you will. Thanks for sharing!
Jun 02, 2008, 09:57 AM
As usual, Fm, awesmoe pics!

I'd suggest you look into publishing a book with with your images or at the very least an integrated website with all your locations...you've created something very unique and valuable!

PS

P.S. When you get a chance to post pics of your camera "mount" I'd really appreciate it! I bought a Wild Wing and am going to emulate your setup.
Jun 02, 2008, 11:23 AM
olivier
Stunning pictures FM!

when looking at those pics, I wonder what the first settlers might have felt when discovering those landscapes for the first time , and how they could manage to go through that area ,riding horses and towing conestoga wagons...

more pics please!

olivier
Jun 02, 2008, 01:00 PM

More suggestions!

An aerial shot above the fins where you find the hidden arch might be interesting. You could then head over to broken arch for another prospective. There were a bunch of folks around Delicate arch, probably your biggest audience! Keep up the good work!
Jun 02, 2008, 01:41 PM
fast

N38 38.0276', W109 39.9817'

thank you guys !
I just left Island in the Sky NP and while driving all the dirt roads stopped to get online using cellphone. Here is picture taken thru car back window, one could step aside and call the pic "aerial" ,
Btw, while flying around Delicate Arch I couldn't catch my Stryker even once out of four landings - wind was so strong!
Also the maps you get in NP worth nothing, if you're really up to adventure you have to talk or follow local guides that sell ATV tours. In the morning I was searching half-an-hour for Gemini Bridges untill all sudden realized I'm standing on one of them - just like scene from Godzilla movie

ggtronic, your arch pic won't load ?
Jun 02, 2008, 02:59 PM
AP-stick
thanks again for sharing... using cellphone to upload
will ruin you ! $$$ LOL

i also like PARK AVENUE ( your last aerial shot is nearby)
http://maps.google.com/?om=1&ie=UTF8...,0.031435&z=16

the arch that i was talking about (my link) is located at the end of devil gardens trail
http://maps.google.com/?om=1&ie=UTF8...15718&t=h&z=17
Last edited by ggtronic; Jun 02, 2008 at 03:08 PM.
Jun 02, 2008, 03:27 PM
thats why i love RCAP...its fun to see things from a new and different perspective...great images
Jun 02, 2008, 08:31 PM
fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_what
You are my hero! You are doing what I wished I could do when I started RCAP! Have you done any flying in Yosemite? If not are you planning to?
These are great BTW. I love the shots with the people in these. Not only does it give a good perspective, but its also kind of amusing for some reason.
I say keep 'em coming, but I know you will. Thanks for sharing!
I also laughed when 1st saw how the people line up
but there is a reason why the do so - you don't wanna fall from steep curves around the arch !
I hiked Yosemite last summer before I learned to fly RC models
now I have to come back, seeing Half Dome from other angle than Glassier point is a thrill ...and all the waterfalls should look better when pictured at their hight.

here is 500ft "close up" of the arch:

and here another shot where people form lines
Jun 02, 2008, 09:18 PM
Great pictures, infested with humans!
Went to a great NP last year middle of no where, sights like i've never seen...
Filled with rush hour traffic, crying babies, and trash
Jun 03, 2008, 02:10 AM
How do I change this text?
Fmkit, excellent shots. I always know when I see one of your new threads that it will be great quality and sweet locations.
Jun 03, 2008, 07:42 AM
HeliAP'er!
Great shots of a fascinating subject! Thanks for sharing them

David