May 31, 2008, 07:01 AM
I need a bigger Hanger!
Thread OP
Discussion

NEW Electrifly Spad XIII Sport Scale ARF

I was just looking at the new issue (August) of "Fly RC" and on page #31 they show a pic of an Electrifly Spad XIII Sport Scale ARF. Under the pic it says "Recently Released". Has anyone seen this plane or know when it will be available? They are showing it at the E-Fest. I just can't wait to get my hands on one of them. I have the SE5a, DVII and the Dr1. A Spad will go great with them.

Fran
Last edited by Big Fran; May 31, 2008 at 08:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2008, 05:22 PM
Groundloop World Champion
I saw the same and they must be reading my mind or many more people than me sent the SPAD XIII in as a new product suggestion.

Unfortunately Google doesn't come up with anything...bummer but its great to be able to look forward to having my favorite WW-I biplane sometime soon

Old_dude
Jun 05, 2008, 10:54 AM
Groundloop World Champion
I contacted GreatPlanes and got the standard "No release date has been set" reply. It is interesting that the E-FEST was in early February so ....????????

Tower doesnt show it in "coming soon" or "just announced" and it's no where to be found on the Electrifly or GreatPlanes web pages either

Old_dude
Jun 05, 2008, 11:50 AM
This is great. Love the Spad.
I have the SE5, and I've been kicking around the idea of getting one of the Fokkers, but now I know I'm waiting for this one.

I'd be very curious to see how it's covered, that camo would have to be either paint or multi pieces of film, right? Hope it's not heavy.
Jun 05, 2008, 04:44 PM
The sky is my playground.
Also interested...would like to see more pics though.
Jun 05, 2008, 08:11 PM
Very cool, I have been waiting and searching for a nice SPAD, VII or XIII, either will do!!!

I have the SE5a and love it!

Can't wait!

Dave
Jun 05, 2008, 08:38 PM
I need a bigger Hanger!
Thread OP
I still can't find anything more on this plane. I've looked every where I can think of on the web and found nothing. The pic I posted is the only thing I've seen.

Fran
Jun 08, 2008, 12:20 AM
Big Fran,

I happened to see this photo on page 22 of the June issue of Model Aviation.

At first I could only tell it is a four bay biplane, but given your information it is probably the SPAD XIII.

Dave
Jun 15, 2008, 10:40 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
I saw the picture in Fly Rc too and searched for more info but NADA. The plane looks like it is built of balsa and covered. From the pic of the GP booth it seems the same size of the SE5 and focker.

Carguy
Jun 16, 2008, 12:19 PM
Just some guy
It has a 34" span and is built up and covered in monocote. It has all the louvered panels and is in Eddie Rickenbacker's trim scheme. Probably available late summer early fall. Great fun to fly!!

DJ
Jun 16, 2008, 12:43 PM
I need a bigger Hanger!
Thread OP
I can't wait!
Jun 30, 2008, 10:03 AM
Great news! I have all three of the GP ww1's and would love a Spad.

Cheers--Stacker
Last edited by stacker; Jun 30, 2008 at 03:58 PM.
Jul 04, 2008, 11:00 AM
Saw the Spad at Futaba booth at Top Gun this year, heres a photo I snapped..
Jul 04, 2008, 11:09 AM
Sweet! I'm going to have to add this one to the fleet. You just cain't beat the value of the GreatPlanes WW1 fighters.

Thanks for posting a good picture --Stacker
Jul 04, 2008, 12:11 PM
OH goodie! That's nice! All it needs is a light coat of matte spray, and a wood style paint job on the prop.

I'm surprised to see wing wires. I wonder, did they feel they needed them, or was that for sales? We all know the others didn't come with them, many of us have had to add them.

Quick Reply