Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 27, 2008, 03:19 PM
Discussion

Radio Shacks Tiger 1 Tank

Hi All,

New here to the group.
I have a Tiger 1 tank that my wife got me a few years back from radio Shack. I think it's 1/48 scale, maybe someone knows for sure, it's prety small. I like it, cause it was a gift for one and it has some neat features. Was wondering if anybody knows anything about these tanks from radio shack? recently i had to replace the battery and after I did that the sound part quit working. Any suggestions or where to get parts would be much appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2008, 08:32 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
its not about parts..you have an open circuit in the audio section. check the wires to the speaker.

I have 2 of these tanks and I removed the radio gear from one and installed it in a Tamiya 1/25th scale tiger and it is powered by a single lipo cell.
May 28, 2008, 11:05 PM
Hmmm....Ok that sounds good. Should mention that the LED for the cannon also does not lite up. But like I said it recoils....I will check the speaker a little closer. Got any more info on the Lipo cell? Not familiar with that one. I don't like the batteries that came with it. They die out too quickly. Thanks for the info....

Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly
its not about parts..you have an open circuit in the audio section. check the wires to the speaker.

I have 2 of these tanks and I removed the radio gear from one and installed it in a Tamiya 1/25th scale tiger and it is powered by a single lipo cell.
Jun 02, 2008, 04:31 PM
Good stuff....thanks for sending that. I like the idea of being to get to the batteries when you want to.
Not sure if I should go back to Batteries plus and get a new battery for it or find another battery like you have here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly